Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Legend, Lupe Fiasco, and more
• Metal band In This Moment performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Motionless In White, Kyng, All Hail The Yeti. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $25, at Smith's Tix.
• The Utah Symphony presents a show, "Remembering JFK," to mark the 50th anniversary of John F. Kennedy's death, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. The program includes works by Britten, Nielsen, Stravinsky and Lieberson. Thierry Fischer conducts the symphony; Edward Herrmann is the narrator. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• R&B singer John Legend performs tonight at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Tamar Braxton. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $45 to $75, at Smith's Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• New Orleans "bounce" rapper Big Freedia performs tonight at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Jesse Walker, Mama Beatz. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $10, available at 24Tix.
• Metal band The Devil Wears Prada performs Saturday at In the Venue, , 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Ghost Inside, Volumes, Texas in July. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
• Rock bands Motion City Soundtrack and Relient K share headlining duties Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Driver Friendly. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $23 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Rappers Hopsin and Yelawolf co-headline Saturday at the Murray Theater, 4959 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Also on the bill: DJ Klever. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20, available at Smith's Tix.
• Death-metal band Morbid Angel marks its 20th anniversary by classic tunes and their album "Covenant" in its entirety, Saturday at Lo-Fi Cafe, 445 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20, and are available at Smith's Tix.
• Singer-songwriter Bill Callahan, a k a Smog, performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Judson Claiborne. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $16, at the venue's website.
• Rap superstar Lupe Fiasco performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $36 in advance, $41 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Ska-punk band Less Than Jake performs Sunday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $22 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.