• The "So You Think You Can Dance" Tour (including Utah dancer Jenna Johnson) stops tonight at the Maverik Center, 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City. Show starts at 8. Tickets —at $37, $47 and $57 — available at TicketMaster.
Plans for the weekend: Dancers, rappers and more
• Country-folk experimental band Blitzen Trapper performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Alialujah Choir. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $25, at the venue's website.
• Turquoise Jeep performs two Salt Lake City shows Sunday: An all-ages show at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West); and a 21-and-over show at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East. The Kilby Court show starts at 7 p.m., and has opening acts Burnell Washburn, Atheist. Opening the Urban Lounge show, which starts at 9 p.m., is Matty Mo. Tickets for the Kilby Court show are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix; tickets for the Urban Lounge show are $10, also at 24Tix.
- In a national first, LGBT advocates sue Utah schools over 'anti-gay' laws
- BYU football: Cougars looking for answers after another one-point loss at Boise State
- Evan McMullin takes the lead in latest Utah presidential poll
- Garrison Keillor: When it's over, maybe Trump should move to Nebraska
- Utah football: No. 19 Utes still circle UCLA as 'special game'