• Metal bands Trivium and DevilDriver share headlining duties tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: After the Burial, Thy Will Be Done. Show starts at 5:30. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix.
• Ballet West’s production of Stravinsky’s "The Firebird," based on Willam Christensen’s original choreography, debuts tonight and Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. both nights (and repeats Nov. 13-16). Tickets, from $24 to $74, available at ArtTix.
• Jazz singer Tierney Sutton performs tonight at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Part of the JazzSLC series. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $28.50, at ArtTix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Vivaldi’s "The Four Seasons," tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Also on the program: Nielsen’s Symphony No. 2 ("The Four Temperaments"). Thierry Fischer conducts; and violinist Nicola Benedetti solos. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Pop singer Aaron Carter performs at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Real Salt Lake takes on the Portland Timbers in the first leg of the two-game MLS Western Conference final, Sunday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
|1.||Is Ordain Women an apostate group? Mormon leaders won’t say|
|2.||BYU football: Cougars beat UConn in sloppy opener|
|3.||Salt Lake County closes Chinese restaurant in Midvale|
|4.||Utah commission rejects proposed fee for solar homes|
|5.||Is nail polish that detects date-rape drugs actually a bad idea?|
|6.||Utah choreographer’s Penguin Lady Dance Collective takes flight|
|7.||College football: No. 8 Michigan State routs Jacksonville State|
|8.||Dennis Nordfelt dies at 71; led UHP and West Valley City|
|9.||Stars of ‘Hellboy,’ ‘Sharknado’ added to Salt Lake Comic Con|
|10.||Temple-building Mormon leader dies at 81|