Film Forward's U.S. destinations will be Detroit, San Diego, Jackson, Miss., and Harrisburg, Pa. The international locations are Bosnia & Herzegovina, Colombia, Indonesia, China and Taiwan.
Here are this year's movie titles:
• "Circles," directed by Srdan Golubovic, which follows the aftermath of a tragic heroic act 12 years earlier, through five people who each must deal with a crisis and confront guilt, frustration and the urge for revenge. Serbia's official entry for the 2014 Academy Awards.
• "Dancing in Jaffa," directed by Hilla Medalia, is a documentary that follows ballroom dancer Pierre Dulaine as he teaches steps to 11-year-old Jewish and Palestinian Israelis.
• "Fruitvale Station," directed by Ryan Coogler, follows the last day in the life of Oscar Grant (Michael B. Jordan), whose life was cut short in a race-related police shooting on a Bay Area Rapid Transit train stop. Winner of the Audience Award and Grand Jury Prize at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
• "If You Build It," directed by Patrick Creadon, a documentary that traces a year at one of America's most innovative classrooms — and introduces the designer/activists who aim to use humanitarian design to aid a rural North Carolina community.
• "The Rocket," directed by Kim Mordaunt, believed to be the first feature film made in Laos, follows a boy leading his family to find a new home — and trying to prove he's not bad luck by entering the dangerous Rocket Festival competition. Filmed in Laos, the movie is Australia's official entry for the 2014 Academy Awards' foreign-language category.
• "Twenty Feet From Stardom," director Morgan Neville's buoyant documentary that puts back-up singers — the voices who stand behind the stars — in the spotlight.
• "Valentine Road," director Marta Cunningham's documentary that chronicles the aftermath of a junior-high school shooting in 2008, when Brandon McInerney shot his transgender classmate Larry King in the back of the head.
• "The World Before Her," directed by Nisha Pahuja, is a documentary that follows two different training programs in India: A beauty "boot camp" for the Miss India pageant, and a militant Hindo fundamentalist camp for young girls.