• Progressive-metal band Periphery leads a hard-rocking night, tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Born Of Osiris, Dead Letter Circus, Twelve Foot Ninja. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
• Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell sings with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at Arttix.
• Folk-rock band The Moondoggies and power-pop band The Quick & Easy Boys share headlining duties tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Rose Windows. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
• Metal band Kill Devil Hill headlines Sunday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Eyes Set To Kill, Girl On Fire, Black Water Rising. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Tycho, the performing name for ambient-rock artist Scott Hansen, plays Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Beacon. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Pierce: NFL, BYU prioritize TV viewers over ticket buyers|
|2.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|3.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|4.||Utah Jazz: Trey Burke apologizes for leaked nude photographs|
|5.||In Utah, Mormon chapels are here, there and everywhere|
|6.||Lindsey, Burke address internet photo issue|
|7.||Utah school district settles with family of boy who killed himself|
|8.||When it comes to Cougar sports, BYU’s president sure is game|
|9.||LDS meeting: Feminists seeking change find it in subtle wording|
|10.||Utah football: ‘Somber’ Utes get early start prepping for UCLA|