• Progressive-metal band Periphery leads a hard-rocking night, tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Born Of Osiris, Dead Letter Circus, Twelve Foot Ninja. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
• Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell sings with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at Arttix.
• Folk-rock band The Moondoggies and power-pop band The Quick & Easy Boys share headlining duties tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Rose Windows. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
• Metal band Kill Devil Hill headlines Sunday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Eyes Set To Kill, Girl On Fire, Black Water Rising. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Tycho, the performing name for ambient-rock artist Scott Hansen, plays Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Beacon. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||GOP pushes social issues at conservative showcase|
|2.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|3.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|4.||WikiLeaks’ Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks|
|5.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|
|6.||Utah Basketball: Stanford edges out Utes 61-60|
|7.||Preview: Tumbleweeds grows a young film audience in Utah|
|8.||Aereo to shut down Saturday morning in Utah|
|9.||Summit County avalanche kills snowmobiler|
|10.||22 Mormon missionaries coming home early from Ukraine|