• Progressive-metal band Periphery leads a hard-rocking night, tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Born Of Osiris, Dead Letter Circus, Twelve Foot Ninja. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
• Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell sings with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at Arttix.
• Folk-rock band The Moondoggies and power-pop band The Quick & Easy Boys share headlining duties tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Rose Windows. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
• Metal band Kill Devil Hill headlines Sunday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Eyes Set To Kill, Girl On Fire, Black Water Rising. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Tycho, the performing name for ambient-rock artist Scott Hansen, plays Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Beacon. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Simmons calls ex-KISS bandmates crack addicts, losers|
|2.||German business confidence drops as risks mount|
|3.||Kate Kelly appeals excommunication from Mormon church|
|4.||Golf: Jim Furyk ties course record at Canadian Open|
|5.||Movie review: Johnson flexes muscle in bloody ‘Hercules’|
|6.||Bagley Cartoon: Future of Utah Lands|
|7.||Gas explosion levels home in Draper|
|8.||Lynch expected to hold out from Seahawks camp|
|9.||At Twilight Concert, Charles Bradley ends Pioneer Day with a groove|
|10.||Where in Utah was this photo taken? Submit your guess to email@example.com for a chance to win a book|