• Progressive-metal band Periphery leads a hard-rocking night, tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Born Of Osiris, Dead Letter Circus, Twelve Foot Ninja. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
• Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell sings with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at Arttix.
• Folk-rock band The Moondoggies and power-pop band The Quick & Easy Boys share headlining duties tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Rose Windows. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
• Metal band Kill Devil Hill headlines Sunday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Eyes Set To Kill, Girl On Fire, Black Water Rising. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Tycho, the performing name for ambient-rock artist Scott Hansen, plays Sunday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Beacon. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $17 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||No, Mormon temples aren’t getting out of the marriage business|
|2.||Pac-12 round-up: Oregon back in the driver's seat after Week 8 win|
|3.||Church posts pictures, video explaining Mormon ‘garments’|
|4.||Waterless subdivision in Saratoga Springs spurs criminal charges|
|5.||Officials issue urgent plea for 4.7M vehicle owners to fix air bag problem|
|6.||Bagley Cartoon: Mia Love’s Talking Points|
|7.||NHL: Kings’ Voynov suspended on domestic violence suspicion|
|8.||Partial solar eclipse to take a bite out of the sun Thursday afternoon|
|9.||Utah Jazz: Lakers beat Jazz as fringe players fight for roster spots|