• The Utah Symphony performs its Halloween concert, this year called "A Superhero Halloween," at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Vladimir Kulenovic conducts the all-ages show. The concert starts at 7. A costume contest starts at 5:30 in the lobby. Tickets, from $10 to $22, at ArtTix. (Kids under 3 can get in free, but you must get tickets in advance.)
Plans for tonight: Classics from Dave Mason, Living Colour
• English music legend Dave Mason — known as a co-founder of Traffic, and for his collaborations with Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix and others — performs with his band at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $42, at the venue's website.
• Funk/punk/metal/rock band Living Colour, on tour to celebrate the 25th anniversary of its groundbreaking album "Vivid," performs at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $22, at Smith's Tix.
- Who is Evan McMullin? An unorthodox presidential contender who has led an unusual life
- BYU announces Honor Code amnesty for sexual assault victims, other sweeping changes
- Op-ed: We are intersex people, and we don't need to be 'fixed' by surgeries
- LDS Church's new 'Mormon and Gay' website wins cheers and some jeers for ignoring controversial poli
- Pac-12 football: USC stays in South race as UCLA fades