• The Utah Symphony performs its Halloween concert, this year called "A Superhero Halloween," at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Vladimir Kulenovic conducts the all-ages show. The concert starts at 7. A costume contest starts at 5:30 in the lobby. Tickets, from $10 to $22, at ArtTix. (Kids under 3 can get in free, but you must get tickets in advance.)
Plans for tonight: Classics from Dave Mason, Living Colour
• English music legend Dave Mason — known as a co-founder of Traffic, and for his collaborations with Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix and others — performs with his band at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $42, at the venue's website.
• Funk/punk/metal/rock band Living Colour, on tour to celebrate the 25th anniversary of its groundbreaking album "Vivid," performs at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $22, at Smith's Tix.
- Salt Lake County is becoming less Mormon -- Utah County is headed in the other direction
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir director teaches new group -- and they're not who you'd expect
- BYU football: As LaVell Edwards Stadium turns 35, goal is to make it better, not bigger
- Utah's Mike Lee says there's only one amendment that could get him to vote for the Senate health car
- Why is Rep. Chaffetz really leaving Congress? Five possibilities -- that he may be keeping hush-hush