• The Utah Symphony performs a program highlighted by Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 25, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Orion Weiss solos on the piano concerto, and Yan Pascal Tortelier conducts. The program also includes two works by Paul Dukas ("Fanfare" from "La Péri") and Jean Sibelius’ Symphony No. 5. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The annual pre-Halloween screenings of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" arrives tonight and Saturday at the Tower Theatre, 876 E. 900 South, Salt Lake City. The movie starts at 8 p.m. and midnight both nights, with the live pre-show (by the Latter-Day Transvestites) starting 30 minutes before that. No outside props, please. Tickets (including prop kit) are $10, at the Tower box office.
• Brooklyn acoustic rocker Kevin Devine performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Now Now, Harrison Hudson, Matthew Quen Nanes. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Alt-rock band The Neighbourhood performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Lovelife, Ghost Loft. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Brooklyn indie-rock band Widowspeak performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Pure Bathing Culture, Big Wild Wings. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Salt Lake, San Diego comic con name feud would set precedent|
|2.||Deal on veterans’ health care to cost $17B|
|3.||Bagley Cartoon: Comic Con Controversy|
|4.||Is a fee for solar energy users a ‘sun tax’ or fair play?|
|5.||Prayers answered? Keep it to yourself|
|6.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|
|7.||Utah Jazz: Ex-Jazzman Paul Millsap endorses Quin Snyder|
|8.||Ordain Women, abuse, defections on tap for Mormon symposium|
|9.||Restaurant review: Flavor and style — for a Park City price — at Burgers and Bourbon|
|10.||Owner of dog shot by Utah police says he turned down $10,000|