• The Utah Symphony performs a program highlighted by Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 25, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Orion Weiss solos on the piano concerto, and Yan Pascal Tortelier conducts. The program also includes two works by Paul Dukas ("Fanfare" from "La Péri") and Jean Sibelius’ Symphony No. 5. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The annual pre-Halloween screenings of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" arrives tonight and Saturday at the Tower Theatre, 876 E. 900 South, Salt Lake City. The movie starts at 8 p.m. and midnight both nights, with the live pre-show (by the Latter-Day Transvestites) starting 30 minutes before that. No outside props, please. Tickets (including prop kit) are $10, at the Tower box office.
• Brooklyn acoustic rocker Kevin Devine performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Now Now, Harrison Hudson, Matthew Quen Nanes. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Alt-rock band The Neighbourhood performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Lovelife, Ghost Loft. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Brooklyn indie-rock band Widowspeak performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Pure Bathing Culture, Big Wild Wings. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Ice-cold, high-point beer a new niche for Utah brewery stores|
|2.||Family says police shot Utah man because he was black|
|3.||Poverty rate drops for the first time since 2006|
|4.||Ex-LDS presiding bishop is favorite to head UTA board|
|5.||Restaurant review: Not your typical fast food at Zao Asian Cafe|
|6.||Regulators weighing wireless connecting standards|
|7.||Evidence disputed in Saratoga Springs shooting|
|8.||One dead in central Utah coal mine accident|
|9.||FLDS cites ‘Hobby Lobby’ case to fight subpoena on child labor|