Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Iglesias gets ‘Fluffy’
• Post-hardcore band A Skylit Drive headlines tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: For All Those Sleeping, Wolves at the Gate, Pvris. Show starts at 5. Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix.
• Utah Opera will perform Richard Strauss' Biblical opera "Salome," tonight and Sunday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. In German, with English supratitles. Showtimes are tonight at 7:30, and a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Psychedelic/soul band King Khan & The Shrines performs tonight at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hell Shovel, Breakers. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• Folk-punk musician Austin Lucas performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
• Swedish black-metal band Watain performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: In Solitude, Tribulation. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Stand-up comedian Gabriel Iglesias performs Saturday at Maverik Center, 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $32 to $57, are available at TicketMaster.
• Folk-rock icon Ani DiFranco performs at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Toshi Reagon. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $33 in advance, $35 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• German/Swiss indie-pop band Boy performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Jeremy Messersmith, Swiss Embassy. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.