Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Luke Bryan at USANA
• Pop duo Karmin headlines the annual Redfest, on the Union Lawn area at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Andy Grammer, Bryce Vine, Luna Lune. Show starts at 6. Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix.
• Rockin' country singer Luke Bryan performs tonight at USANA Amphitheater, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening act: Thompson Square, Florida Georgia Line. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $30.25 to $55, at Smith's Tix.
• The Utah Symphony plays Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture," tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Also on the program: Elliott Carter's Flute concerto, Tchaikovsky's "Lenski's Aria" (from "Eugene Onegin"), Mozart's Flute Concerto No. 2, and Richard Strauss' "Suite from 'Der Rosenkavalier'." Thierry Fischer conducts the symphony; Emmanuel Pahud solos on flute. Show starts at 8 p.m. each night. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Pop-rock band Hanson (yes, the "MMMBop" people) performs tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Paul McDonald. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $31 (for people 21 or older) and $33 (for the under-21), at Smith's Tix.
• Teenage Bottlerocket & The Queers performs Saturday at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Copyrights. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• Seattle indie-rock band Minus the Bear performs Sunday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 (for 21 and over) and $22 (for under 21) in advance, or $25 and $27 on the day of the show, available at Smith's Tix.