• Pop duo Karmin headlines the annual Redfest, on the Union Lawn area at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Andy Grammer, Bryce Vine, Luna Lune. Show starts at 6. Tickets are $15, at Smith’s Tix.
• Rockin’ country singer Luke Bryan performs tonight at USANA Amphitheater, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening act: Thompson Square, Florida Georgia Line. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $30.25 to $55, at Smith’s Tix.
• The Utah Symphony plays Tchaikovsky’s "1812 Overture," tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Also on the program: Elliott Carter’s Flute concerto, Tchaikovsky’s "Lenski’s Aria" (from "Eugene Onegin"), Mozart’s Flute Concerto No. 2, and Richard Strauss’ "Suite from ‘Der Rosenkavalier’." Thierry Fischer conducts the symphony; Emmanuel Pahud solos on flute. Show starts at 8 p.m. each night. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Pop-rock band Hanson (yes, the "MMMBop" people) performs tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Paul McDonald. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $31 (for people 21 or older) and $33 (for the under-21), at Smith’s Tix.
• Teenage Bottlerocket & The Queers performs Saturday at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Copyrights. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• Seattle indie-rock band Minus the Bear performs Sunday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 (for 21 and over) and $22 (for under 21) in advance, or $25 and $27 on the day of the show, available at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Feds charge five Utahns in Recapture Canyon protest ride|
|2.||Ice-cold, high-point beer a new niche for Utah brewery stores|
|3.||Ordain Women will take its message local|
|4.||NFL notes: Panthers remove Greg Hardy from active roster|
|5.||Restaurant review: Not your typical fast food at Zao Asian Cafe|
|6.||3 new Utah beers for fall|
|7.||BYU football: No. 21 Cougars basking in national attention|
|8.||Trib Talk: Mormons and the GOP|
|9.||Family says police shot Utah man because he was black|
|10.||BYU football: Zac Stout’s return to BYU tearful, but gratifying|