Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Plans for the weekend: Everywhere at once
• The 158 th annual Utah State Fair continues at the Utah State Fairpark, 1000 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City. Gates are open 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. today and Saturday; 10 a.m. To 10 p.m. Sunday. Grandstand entertainment: Amy Grant, tonight at 7:30 p.m.; with tickets going for $29, available at the fair website; Frank Fritz and Danielle Colby from "American Pickers" on Saturday at 7:30 p.m., admission is free but tickets are required; country band Love and Theft on Sunday at 7:30 p.m., free but tickets are required. General fair admission is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors over 65 and kids 6-12, free for kids 5 and under, at the gate.
• The first annual Salt Lake Comic Con continues today and Saturday at the Salt Palace Convention Center, 90 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City. Events run noon-8 p.m. today and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $25 for today and $30 for Saturday; kids 11-16 get in for $12 today, $15 for Saturday; three-day passes are $50 for adults, $30 for 11-16; available at the Comic Con website.
• The 38 th annual Salt Lake City Greek Festival continues all weekend, at Holy Trinity Cathedral, 279 S. 300 West, Salt Lake City. The event runs from 11 a.m. To 11 p.m. today and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $3 at the door, and children 5 and under get in free.
• Swedish electro-pop duo Icona Pop, the ones who smash their car into the bridge and don't care, play tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
• Countryfied "house rocker" Junior Brown brings the "official unofficial Longhorn pre-game rally jam" tonight to The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30, at the venue's website.
• A touring stage musical of "The Wizard of Oz," featuring the songs from the 1939 movie and new songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, runs tonight and Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Performances begin at 8 p.m. each night. Tickets, from $29.50 to $59.50, available at the Kingsbury website.
• The 2013 Avenues Street Fair happens Saturday, on 1 st Avenue between P and U streets, Salt Lake City. Events run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free.
• Disney Junior Live on Tour, "The Pirate & Princess Adventure," lands Saturday at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows are at 1 and 4 p.m. Tickets, from $20 to $50, available at Smith's Tix.
• Alt-country/rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $21 in advance, $26 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Experimental band Animal Collective performs Sunday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: White Magic. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $22 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.