• Country/folk/rock band The White Buffalo performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Deadstring Brothers. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• Honky-tonk country singer Wayne "The Train" Hancock performs tonight at The Garage on Beck, 1199 Beck St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Morgan Snow, John Davis. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• This year’s U92 Summer Jam happens Saturday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. On the bill: Tyga, A$AP Rocky, E-40, Kid Ink, DJ Felli Fel, Jonn Hart, Big A LTA, Big Flipps. Show starts at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Hip-hop/metal band Hollywood Undead performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Escape the Fate, All Hail the Yeti. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $22, at Smith’s Tix.
• Country singer Jason Aldean headlines Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Sandy. Opening act: Jake Owen, Thomas Rhett. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $25 to $60, available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Reggae/punk band Slightly Stoopid and hip-hop act Atmosphere co-headline Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening act: The Grouch & Eligh. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Western lawmakers gather in Utah to talk federal land takeover|
|2.||Magnitude 3.2 earthquake jolts western Utah, USGS says|
|3.||Washington Insight: The Sagebrush Rebellion lives on with Nevada dispute|
|4.||Why all the hate for Salt Lake City’s new federal courthouse?|
|5.||Ex-NFL punter Chris Kluwe tells atheists to strive for empathy in Utah|
|6.||Hallelujah! Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter with a powerful ‘Messiah’|
|7.||Salt Lake Comic Con FanX: In ‘cosplay,’ everybody can be anybody|
|8.||Utah realtors give ‘murder homes’ another life|
|9.||Utah same-sex marriage case could be thrown out on a technicality|
|10.||Utah Jazz sure of destination, unsure how they’ll get there|