• Country/folk/rock band The White Buffalo performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Deadstring Brothers. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $18, at the venue’s website.
• Honky-tonk country singer Wayne "The Train" Hancock performs tonight at The Garage on Beck, 1199 Beck St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Morgan Snow, John Davis. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• This year’s U92 Summer Jam happens Saturday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. On the bill: Tyga, A$AP Rocky, E-40, Kid Ink, DJ Felli Fel, Jonn Hart, Big A LTA, Big Flipps. Show starts at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Hip-hop/metal band Hollywood Undead performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Escape the Fate, All Hail the Yeti. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $22, at Smith’s Tix.
• Country singer Jason Aldean headlines Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Sandy. Opening act: Jake Owen, Thomas Rhett. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $25 to $60, available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Reggae/punk band Slightly Stoopid and hip-hop act Atmosphere co-headline Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening act: The Grouch & Eligh. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||You won’t believe the secret to this picture of Morgan Freeman|
|2.||USC's hiring affects Utah, BYU|
|3.||Recipes: 5 all-star holiday cookies from our archives|
|4.||Federal judge to hear arguments in Utah same-sex marriage case|
|5.||Worries grow as cold, snow hamper search for plane in central Idaho|
|6.||‘American Idiot’: Power chords fuel musical’s powerful story at Kingsbury Hall|
|7.||Utah dining out: Boba World offers stellar Shanghai cuisine|
|8.||KUTV wins, but Utah late-news ratings decline sharply|
|9.||Op-Ed: My brother, the Nobel winner, is a product of public schools|