• Steve Martin performs with his bluegrass band, The Steep Canyon Rangers, along with singer Edie Brickell and the Utah Symphony, tonight at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 S. Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7:30. Limited tickets available at ArtTix.
• Punk band Rancid performs tonight and Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Transplants, The Interrupters. Show starts at 7:30 tonight and 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $27 (for the over 21) and $29 (for people under 21) in advance, or $2 more on the day of the show, available at Smith’s Tix.
• Americana band Son Volt performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Colonel Ford (with members of Son Volt). Show starts at 9. Tickets are $23, at the venue’s website.
• The Urban Arts Festival happens Saturday at The Gateway, 100 S. Rio Grande Blvd., Salt Lake City. The event includes two blocks of visual art booths, food vendors, music and performance on three stages, a film festival and more. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Free.
• Emo-pop band We The Kings performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Breathe Carolina, T. Mills, The Ready Set, Keep It Cutes. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $22 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix or at 24Tix.
• Real Salt Lake takes on Sporting Kansas City in Major League Soccer action, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Game starts at 8 p.m. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Death-metal band Six Feet Under performs Sunday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Decrepit Birth, Cannabis Corpse. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Country-soul singer-songwriter Tift Merritt performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Zach & Bridget. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $20, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Salt Lake, San Diego comic con name feud would set precedent|
|2.||Is a fee for solar energy users a ‘sun tax’ or fair play?|
|3.||Deal on veterans’ health care to cost $17B|
|4.||Bagley Cartoon: Comic Con Controversy|
|5.||Attorney: FBI did ‘reasonable’ search for O.K. City bombing records|
|6.||Compound built for Warren Jeffs becomes bed and breakfast|
|7.||Gold bugs, Bitcoin believers in bid to supplant dollar|
|8.||Utah Jazz: Ex-Jazzman Paul Millsap endorses Quin Snyder|
|9.||Train rocks Salt Lake City with free show|
|10.||Ordain Women, abuse, defections on tap for Mormon symposium|