• Salt Lake rock band Royal Bliss, fresh off the Utah Arts Festival, performs tonight at their new club, The Royal, 4760 S. 900 East, Salt Lake City. Doors open at 5 p.m. Tickets are $15, at Smith’s Tix.
• Alt-rock band Anberlin performs on their acoustic tour, tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Stars in Stereo, Campfire OK. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $20, at Smith’s Tix.
• Singer-songwriter Cameron Rafati performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Wildcat Strike, Regal Beast. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• The Vans Warped Tour 2013 lands Saturday at the Utah State Fairpark, 1000 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City. Go to the tour website for a complete list of bands and events. Show starts at 11 a.m. Tickets run from $23.50 to $30 in advance, and are $40 on the day of the show, available at Smith’s Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs the "1812 Overture" and a patriotic program Saturday at the Deer Valley outdoor amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Park Drive, Park City. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets at ArtTix.
• The Brian Jordan Band, named for its guitarist/frontman, performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Sugartown Alley. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, available at the venue’s website.
• Genre- and gender-defying indie band Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: L’anarchiste. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12, at the venue’s website.
|1.||‘Fit Mom’ Maria Kang, not yet over self, claims fatties are out to get her|
|2.||Utah health official bans Gardasil, stirring controversy|
|3.||Scott D. Pierce: A dozen TV shows you can stop watching|
|4.||Recipes: 5 all-star holiday cookies from our archives|
|5.||Terrifying Moab BASE jump crash captured by helmet cam|
|6.||Sundance adds children’s movies to 2014 line-up|
|7.||Pac-12: Washington's hire could help BYU, USU|
|8.||Guilt, pain, help and hope — when Mormon missionaries come home early|
|9.||Movie review: A fallen hero speaks in ‘Armstrong Lie’|
|10.||Cottonwood Heights to use govt plows after privatization complaints|