The first Salt Lake Comic Con has landed the biggest fish in the geek universe: Willilam Shatner.
Shatner tweeted the news on Wednesday: "So Salt Lake City, I’m coming to your first Comicon."
Shatner is, of course, the original James Tiberius Kirk from the "Star Trek" TV series and seven movies. He’s also known for the cop show "T.J. Hooker," authoring the TekWar sci-fi book series, and being the spokesman for Priceline.com.
The Salt Lake Comic Con is set for Sept. 5-7 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy. Other celebrities scheduled to appear are (in alphabetical order):
• Actress Tia Carrere ("Wayne’s World," "Relic Hunter")
• Actress Claire Coffee ("Grimm")
• Actor Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk" TV series)
• Actor Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr. William T. Riker on "Star Trek: The Next Generation")
• Actor Richard Hatch ("Battlestar Galactica," both versions)
• Comic-book artist Tyler Kirkham
• Actress Sofia Milos ("CSI")
• Author Brandon Mull ("Fablehaven")
• Comic-book writer Ryan Ottley
• Actor Kevin Sorbo ("Hercules: The Legendary Journeys," "Andromeda")
• Comic-book artist Arthur Suydam
|1.||Kirby: Scary times in Mormon seminary|
|2.||BYUtv meets TV critics, and gay question arises|
|3.||Utah football: What we’ve learned as Utes’ camp ends|
|4.||Tech Tips: Considerations when phone contracts end|
|5.||Park City rejects Kimball Art Center designs|
|6.||Utah County man who shot wife convicted of first-degree murder|
|7.||Entrepreneurship the answer for some with autism|
|8.||Rock slide causes six accidents in Sardine Canyon|