Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||For many black Mormons, racism is a bigger issue than sexism|
|2.||USU football: Aggies won’t dwell on loss to Tennessee|
|3.||Kate Kelly: As sisters in Zion, inclusion of women is common goal|
|4.||Five myths about the California drought|
|5.||BYU football: Texas QB Ash won’t play vs. Cougars|
|6.||BYU will face a backup QB Saturday vs. Texas|
|7.||Orem police track down stolen ring to a gut-wrenching place|
|8.||Kragthorpe: Utah’s Clay, BYU’s Hill make weekend memorable|
|9.||Utah mom gives Marvel’s Hawkeye a helping, signing hand|
|10.||Obama: ‘Revving’ economy calls for minimum-wage hike|