Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Luxury fashion takes on wearable fitness technology|
|2.||Consumers want Utah liquor stores to offer better hours|
|3.||Dad: Utah woman accused of putting baby in trash has disability|
|4.||Judge finalizes ‘Sister Wives’ ruling as both sides prepare for appeals|
|5.||Restaurant review: Rye rocks in space next to Urban Lounge|
|6.||Food briefs: Salt Lake has worst tippers, survey says|
|7.||Trib Talk: UTA defends against audit|
|8.||5 pregame pubs that help you party before U. of Utah football games|
|9.||Kearns woman booked on attempted murder for trashing newborn|