Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||No, Mormon temples aren’t getting out of the marriage business|
|2.||Pac-12 round-up: Oregon back in the driver's seat after Week 8 win|
|3.||Waterless subdivision in Saratoga Springs spurs criminal charges|
|4.||Utah Jazz: Lakers beat Jazz as fringe players fight for roster spots|
|5.||Church posts pictures, video explaining Mormon ‘garments’|
|6.||BYU football: Plenty of blame to go around in Cougs’ collapse (with video)|
|7.||Officials issue urgent plea for 4.7M vehicle owners to fix air bag problem|
|8.||Bagley Cartoon: Mia Love’s Talking Points|
|9.||NHL: Kings’ Voynov suspended on domestic violence suspicion|