Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Feds charge five Utahns in Recapture Canyon protest ride|
|2.||Ordain Women will take its message local to Mormon congregations|
|3.||Fall TV preview: The best and worst of fall TV|
|4.||NFL notes: Panthers remove Greg Hardy from active roster|
|5.||BYU football: Zac Stout’s return to BYU tearful, but gratifying|
|6.||Ice-cold, high-point beer a new niche for Utah brewery stores|
|7.||Utah football: Michigan’s Brady Hoke is battling for his job|
|8.||BYU football: Updates on WRs Ross Apo, Nick Kurtz|
|9.||Sean P. Means: Turned off by the NFL? Time to turn it off|
|10.||Masked man’s claims lead to investigation of Stericycle|