Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|2.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|3.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|
|4.||Mormon women to try again to get into priesthood meeting|
|5.||Knicks blow out Utah Jazz behind Anthony’s 29|
|6.||At the Utah State Prison, the tie that binds|
|7.||‘Cosmos’ re-emerges on Fox with the help of Seth MacFarlane|
|8.||Two South Valley restaurants closed for health violations|
|9.||Game review: ‘South Park: The Stick of Truth’ worthy of franchise name|
|10.||Summit County avalanche kills snowmobiler|