Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Lindsey, Burke address internet photo issue|
|2.||In Utah, Mormon chapels are here, there and everywhere|
|3.||Utah Jazz: Trey Burke apologizes for leaked nude photographs|
|4.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|5.||Utah school district settles with family of boy who killed himself|
|6.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|7.||LDS meeting: Feminists seeking change find it in subtle wording|
|8.||Violent assault ruled out in death of Utah family, but not foul play|
|9.||When it comes to Cougar sports, BYU’s president sure is game|
|10.||Utah football: ‘Somber’ Utes get early start prepping for UCLA|