Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|2.||LDS leader, Obama meet to push for immigration reform|
|3.||Partying daughter has mom concerned|
|4.||Texas takes possession of polygamous ranch|
|5.||Utah Jazz GM says Corbin decision coming ‘in short order’|
|6.||Utah Jazz: GM Lindsey wants Hayward to be ‘a career Jazz member’|
|7.||Atheists, Mormons hash it out in religious give-and-take|
|8.||LeBron still No. 1 with NBA’s most-popular jersey|
|9.||Movie review: ‘Bears’ serves a soft view of nature|
|10.||Questions linger in Megan Huntsman investigation|