Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||WikiLeaks’ Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks|
|2.||GOP pushes social issues at conservative showcase|
|3.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|4.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|5.||Utah Basketball: Stanford edges out Utes 61-60|
|6.||Colorado uses humor in campaign against stoned driving|
|7.||Preview: Tumbleweeds grows a young film audience in Utah|
|8.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|
|9.||Utah city won’t file charges over risque T-shirts|
|10.||Aereo to shut down Saturday morning in Utah|