Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Utah to BLM: Rein in your cops|
|2.||Utah teacher to stand trial on charges of sex with second boy|
|3.||Fall TV preview: The best and worst of fall TV|
|4.||BYU football: Virginia linebacker says Taysom Hill will win the Heisman|
|5.||After Darrien Hunt shooting, Utah’s black, biracial families worry|
|6.||Salt Lake Airport seeks to break up monopoly|
|7.||Mountain lion caught near homes in Salt Lake City|
|8.||BYU football: Undefeated Cougars climb to No. 20 in AP Poll|
|9.||Utah football: New talent blending in well for 3-0 Utes (VIDEO)|
|10.||Kirby: What if I had two Moms — or two Old Mans?|