Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Annual liquor sales in Utah up $20 million|
|3.||Owner of dog shot by Utah police turns down $10,000 offer|
|4.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|
|5.||Restaurant review: Flavor and style — for a Park City price — at Burgers and Bourbon|
|6.||Bagley Cartoon: Comic Con Controversy|
|7.||Swallow, Shurtleff make historic court appearances, vow to beat charges|
|8.||Salt City Vodka now available in Utah liquor stores|
|9.||‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction|
|10.||Utah’s first crow hunts approved again|