Pop, big-band, country and jazz will all be represented in The Gateway’s annual summer concert series, Music on the Plaza.
Shows run on Thursday nights starting this week, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the north end of the downtown Salt Lake City shopping center.
Here’s the line-up:
• June 6 • Jagertown (country)
• June 13 • DJ Jimmy Chunga (end-of-school summer party, with the 101.9 The End’s morning personality, runs until 9 p.m.)
• June 20 • The Sensations (Motown)
• June 27 • The Number Ones (jazz/blues renditions of Hot 100 Singles of all time)
• July 3 (Wednesday, due to the holiday) • The Joe Muscolino Band (big band)
• July 11 • The Blue Aces (indie-rock girl band)
• July 18 • The Great Basin Street Band (jazz)
All shows are free to the public.
|1.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|2.||Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland|
|3.||Obama’s order protects gay workers; Hatch wants religious exemption|
|4.||Dining review: Eva’s Bakery offerings a bit of Paris on Main Street|
|5.||Film, TV legend James Garner, reluctant hero, dies|
|6.||Two brothers from Utah died in Arizona Strip plane crash|
|7.||Grandma hurt by mother’s power play|
|8.||Z’Tejas at Gateway Mall to close Aug. 2|
|9.||Review: Amazon unlimited e-book service is limited|
|10.||Ann Cannon: Baseball can teach you a lot about life|