• Local folk-rock band Lady and Gent performs tonight at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Isaac Farr Trio, Brian Bingham, Jeremy Tyler. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10, available at 24Tix.
• R&B legend Andre Williams & The Goldstars performs tonight and Saturday at The Garage on Beck, 1199 N. Beck St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $17, available at 24Tix (click here for Friday’s show, and here for Saturday’s show).
• Singer-songwriter Christopher Owens (who fronted the now-defunct indie-rock band Girls) performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Sarah Sample. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $20, at the venue’s website.
• The Downtown Farmers Market kicks off its summer run Saturday, at Pioneer Park, 300 West and 300 South, Salt Lake City. The market’s hours are expanded this year, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free to walk around, but bring some cash to buy some produce or locally made goods.
• Local country-rock fave Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand performs tonight at Sandy Amphitheater, 9400 S. 1300 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $10 to $16, available at Smith’s Tix.
• The truly original Brooklyn rock band They Might Be Giants performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple. Opening act: Vandaveer. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Jazz/funk combo Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue performs Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Big Head Todd and The Monsters. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $43, at the Red Butte website.
|1.||‘Duck Dynasty’ star calls homosexuality a ‘sin’ and ‘illogical,’ removed from show|
|2.||‘Wish I Was Here’ and ‘Clerks’ added to Sundance lineup|
|3.||This gigapan photo of Utah smog is absolutely stunning|
|4.||Real Salt Lake: Jeff Cassar named RSL’s new coach|
|5.||Phone records link Shurtleff to bribery probe|
|6.||30 ways ‘A Christmas Story’ became our Christmas story|
|7.||Review: Comic nuggets in ‘Anchorman 2’|
|8.||Review: Beyoncé reaches new heights on 5th album|
|9.||When buying honey, be aware of impostors|
|10.||Provo, Salt Lake again among the best performing U.S. cities|