• Local folk-rock band Lady and Gent performs tonight at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Isaac Farr Trio, Brian Bingham, Jeremy Tyler. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $10, available at 24Tix.
• R&B legend Andre Williams & The Goldstars performs tonight and Saturday at The Garage on Beck, 1199 N. Beck St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $17, available at 24Tix (click here for Friday’s show, and here for Saturday’s show).
• Singer-songwriter Christopher Owens (who fronted the now-defunct indie-rock band Girls) performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Sarah Sample. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $20, at the venue’s website.
• The Downtown Farmers Market kicks off its summer run Saturday, at Pioneer Park, 300 West and 300 South, Salt Lake City. The market’s hours are expanded this year, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free to walk around, but bring some cash to buy some produce or locally made goods.
• Local country-rock fave Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand performs tonight at Sandy Amphitheater, 9400 S. 1300 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $10 to $16, available at Smith’s Tix.
• The truly original Brooklyn rock band They Might Be Giants performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple. Opening act: Vandaveer. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Jazz/funk combo Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue performs Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Big Head Todd and The Monsters. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $43, at the Red Butte website.
|1.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|2.||4 Utah restaurants call it quits|
|3.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|4.||Mormon-owned BYU removes gay-marriage cards at bookstore|
|5.||Restaurateur impressing Salt Lake with good food, hard work|
|6.||Golf: Summerhays hopes for long run in FedEx Cup Playoffs|
|7.||Utah cities pushed to purge gun rules by national group|
|8.||Utah woman will be contestant on next season of ‘Top Chef’|
|9.||BYU football: At least three freshmen could start in opener|
|10.||Mormons turn to Internet to preach, but sometimes it turns on them|