• The Utah Symphony performs Dvorák and Brahms, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Violinist Augustin Hadelich solos on Dvorák’s Violin Concerto; Vladimir Kulenovic conducts the symphony through that, as well as Dvorák’s "Slavonic Dances" and Brahms’ Symphony No. 2. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Meat & Potato Theatre’s production of "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society’s Production of Macbeth" debuts tonight at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. The show begins at 8 p.m. tonight and Saturday, with a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. (and continuing at 8 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through June 9). Tickets are $20, at ArtTix.
• Real Salt Lake comes home to face the Chicago Fire in Major League Soccer action, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9300 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 7 p.m. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Canadian pop-rock band Marianas Trench performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: DJ Protector, The Good Natured, Air Dubai, Ghost Town. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18, at Smith’s Tix.
• Folk-tinged experimental rock band Akron/Family performs Monday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Avi Buffalo, M Geddes Gengras. Show starts at 9 p.m. tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
|1.||Gang defendant shot, killed at new Salt Lake City federal courthouse|
|2.||Coach: Man shot at Utah courthouse once had promising future|
|3.||Turkish ‘street food with a twist’ takes a spin in Salt Lake City|
|4.||SLC makes list in bid for Democratic Convention|
|5.||Utah mom charged with meth use while pregnant|
|6.||Monson: Jim Boylen to kill — err, coach — the Jazz?|
|7.||Five candidates to become Utah Jazz coach|
|8.||Salt Lake City’s Taqueria 27 earns ‘best taco’ award|
|9.||Winds wreaking havoc in northern, western Utah|
|10.||Ann Cannon: Friend’s pregnancy loss stirs memories|