• The Utah Symphony performs Dvorák and Brahms, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Violinist Augustin Hadelich solos on Dvorák’s Violin Concerto; Vladimir Kulenovic conducts the symphony through that, as well as Dvorák’s "Slavonic Dances" and Brahms’ Symphony No. 2. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Meat & Potato Theatre’s production of "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society’s Production of Macbeth" debuts tonight at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. The show begins at 8 p.m. tonight and Saturday, with a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. (and continuing at 8 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through June 9). Tickets are $20, at ArtTix.
• Real Salt Lake comes home to face the Chicago Fire in Major League Soccer action, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9300 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 7 p.m. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Canadian pop-rock band Marianas Trench performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: DJ Protector, The Good Natured, Air Dubai, Ghost Town. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18, at Smith’s Tix.
• Folk-tinged experimental rock band Akron/Family performs Monday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Avi Buffalo, M Geddes Gengras. Show starts at 9 p.m. tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
|1.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|2.||LDS leader, Obama meet to push for immigration reform|
|3.||Partying daughter has mom concerned|
|4.||Texas takes possession of polygamous ranch|
|5.||Utah Jazz GM says Corbin decision coming ‘in short order’|
|6.||Utah Jazz: GM Lindsey wants Hayward to be ‘a career Jazz member’|
|7.||Atheists, Mormons hash it out in religious give-and-take|
|8.||LeBron still No. 1 with NBA’s most-popular jersey|
|9.||Movie review: ‘Bears’ serves a soft view of nature|
|10.||Questions linger in Megan Huntsman investigation|