• The 2013 Living Traditions Festival runs all weekend at Washington Square, 400 South and State Street, Salt Lake City. Events run tonight from 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday from noon to 10 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 7 p.m. Free.
• Ballet West unveils "Innovations 2013," its annual showcase of up-and-coming choreography (including some by Ballet West artists), tonight and Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South. Show starts at 7:30 both nights (and repeats next week, Wednesday through Saturday, May 25, at 7:30 p.m. -- with a 2 p.m. matinee on Saturday the 25th). Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Phoenix rock band The Technicolors and local faves Fictionist share top billing tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Holy Water Buffalo. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Italian DJ/producer Benny Benassi performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Alvin Risk. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix. (VIP tickets, with swag, available for $50.)
• Experimental band Black Moth Super Rainbow performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Hood Internet, Oscillator Bug. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
|1.||Unbeaten US routs New Zealand 98-71 at World Cup|
|2.||Report: Ex-BYU QB Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, cocaine|
|3.||For many black Mormons, racism is a bigger issue than sexism|
|4.||USU football: Aggies won’t dwell on loss to Tennessee|
|5.||Five myths about the California drought|
|6.||Golf: Poulter, Westwood, Gallacher picked for Ryder Cup|
|7.||Kate Kelly: As sisters in Zion, inclusion of women is common goal|
|8.||Official food of the Utah State Fair sticks with you|
|9.||Former special ed student now leads Utah school district|
|10.||Martine Cafe in Salt Lake City reopens after recent remodel (before-and-after photos)|