• The 2013 Living Traditions Festival runs all weekend at Washington Square, 400 South and State Street, Salt Lake City. Events run tonight from 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday from noon to 10 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 7 p.m. Free.
• Ballet West unveils "Innovations 2013," its annual showcase of up-and-coming choreography (including some by Ballet West artists), tonight and Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South. Show starts at 7:30 both nights (and repeats next week, Wednesday through Saturday, May 25, at 7:30 p.m. -- with a 2 p.m. matinee on Saturday the 25th). Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Phoenix rock band The Technicolors and local faves Fictionist share top billing tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Holy Water Buffalo. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Italian DJ/producer Benny Benassi performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Alvin Risk. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix. (VIP tickets, with swag, available for $50.)
• Experimental band Black Moth Super Rainbow performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Hood Internet, Oscillator Bug. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Annual liquor sales in Utah up $20 million|
|3.||Owner of dog shot by Utah police turns down $10,000 offer|
|4.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|
|5.||Restaurant review: Flavor and style — for a Park City price — at Burgers and Bourbon|
|6.||Bagley Cartoon: Comic Con Controversy|
|7.||Take off your clothes to make it in reality TV|
|8.||Salt City Vodka now available in Utah liquor stores|
|9.||Club licenses given to businesses in Park City, American Fork|
|10.||Swallow, Shurtleff make historic court appearances, vow to beat charges|