• The 2013 Living Traditions Festival runs all weekend at Washington Square, 400 South and State Street, Salt Lake City. Events run tonight from 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday from noon to 10 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 7 p.m. Free.
• Ballet West unveils "Innovations 2013," its annual showcase of up-and-coming choreography (including some by Ballet West artists), tonight and Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South. Show starts at 7:30 both nights (and repeats next week, Wednesday through Saturday, May 25, at 7:30 p.m. -- with a 2 p.m. matinee on Saturday the 25th). Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Phoenix rock band The Technicolors and local faves Fictionist share top billing tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Holy Water Buffalo. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Italian DJ/producer Benny Benassi performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Alvin Risk. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix. (VIP tickets, with swag, available for $50.)
• Experimental band Black Moth Super Rainbow performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Hood Internet, Oscillator Bug. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
|1.||Western lands takeover: Former BLM chief, state lawmaker clash|
|2.||U.S. durable goods orders up 2.6 percent in March|
|3.||‘Bachelorette’ contestant dies in Utah paragliding accident|
|4.||Scott D. Pierce: Comedy Central let John Oliver get away|
|5.||Health Department closes West Valley Sports Bar|
|6.||Summer movie preview: 79 films to get you through August|
|7.||University of Utah says sorry for sperm mix-up; family not happy|
|8.||‘East Central’ Salt Lake City deemed one of best U.S. neighborhoods for young adults|
|9.||BYU student wins $40,000 for kolache machine invention|
|10.||Utah’s Bishop calls Bundy’s race comments ‘degrading’|