• Pop-punk bands The Story So Far and Man Overboard co-headline tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Citizen, The American Scene. Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $12, at Smith’s Tix.
• Comedian Anjelah Johnson performs tonight at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $29.50 to $32.50, available at Smith’s Tix and the Kingsbury website.
• The third round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament (a k a March Madness) happens Saturday at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game times to be determined. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Experimental rock band Animal Collective performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Dan Deacon. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $22 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Mustachioed singer-songwriter-guitarist Donavon Frankenreiter performs Sunday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Rayland Baxter, Eric Tollefson. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Western lands takeover: Former BLM chief, state lawmaker clash|
|2.||‘Bachelorette’ contestant dies in Utah paragliding accident|
|3.||Turkish ‘street food with a twist’ takes a spin in Salt Lake City|
|4.||MLB: AL capsules and gallery|
|5.||U. of Utah nurse resigns over offensive online comment about Tongans|
|6.||Recipes: Eggs break out, crack the haute cuisine scene|
|7.||Health Department closes West Valley Sports Bar|
|8.||Five reasons a coach would choose the Utah Jazz|
|9.||Theater review: ‘War Horse’ puppetry is phenomenal|
|10.||Trib Talk: Western lands disputes — locals vs. feds|