• The third annual Tumbleweeds Film Festival, featuring movies for children and families, runs tonight through Sunday at the Rose wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. The opening night film, "A Monster In Paris," begins tonight at 7. Tickets, at $6 per film, available at ArtTix. For full program information, go to the Tumbleweeds website.
• Punk band Flogging Molly headlines the "Green 17" tour, tonight at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Also on the bill: Mariachi El Bronx, Donots. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $25, at Smith’s Tix.
• Yonder Mountain String Band headlines a bluegrass show tonight at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Deadly Gentlemen. Show starts at 8. Ticket are $25, available at Smith’s Tix.
• Salt Lake City’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade happens Saturday morning, through The Gateway and along 400 South from 200 North to 200 South, downtown Salt Lake City. The parade starts at 10 a.m., and is followed by the Siamsa (pronounced sham-suh) in the Union Pacific Depot at The Gateway (at 400 West and South Temple). The parade and Siamsa are free.
• Speaking of Irish stuff, Celtic rock band The Young Dubliners perform Saturday at The Depot, 400 W, South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Swagger. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $22 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Pop-rap performer Hoodie Allen plays Sunday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Aer, Jared Evan. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $17 in advance, $22 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Miss USA video: Miss Utah fumbles pageant answer, goes viral|
|2.||Man arrested in shooting of father-in-law inside Ogden church|
|3.||Miss Utah USA’s botched answer makes her a star|
|4.||Grace Potter overheats hot Red Butte crowd|
|5.||Kirby: Privacy less important when we feel we’re in danger|
|6.||Ogden church shooting victim identified, expected to recover|
|7.||Utah Jazz, Miller family to install high-tech video screens in EnergySolutions Arena|
|8.||It's 'Best of the West' at Chalk Art Festival in Gateway Mall|
|9.||Favoritism seems out of the norm for friend|