• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||A first: GOP lawmaker calls for Utah A.G. John Swallow to resign|
|2.||Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter’s suicide|
|4.||Secret recording: Mark Shurtleff offers $2 million to silence critic|
|5.||Weekend Express: 11 things to do in Utah on Memorial Day weekend|
|6.||Does Costco save you money?|
|7.||Police tracked Josh Powell by plane, wiretapped his phone|
|8.||Five months after Sandy Hook, Emilie’s sweetness lives on|
|9.||Review: Utah Symphony delivers a vibrant closing performance|
|10.||Stewart is fourth suicide at Weber jail in six months|