• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Movie review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ breaks the Marvel mold|
|3.||TV preview: ‘Hell on Wheels’ mocks Mormons|
|4.||Utah Jazz have plenty of cap space, decisions ahead|
|5.||Rolly: Mormon discount? When it comes to car rentals, faith matters|
|6.||Utah Jazz: Michigan man sues Burke, Shaq for defamation|
|7.||Photos: Wu-Tang Clan at Twilight concert in Salt Lake City|
|8.||Sean P. Means: In battle of comic cons, Salt Lake is already winning|
|9.||Work begins on final office building at Lehi’s tech hub|
|10.||Unified Police: Explosives may be inside Olympus Cove death house|