• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Bingham High students walk out over school dance dress code|
|2.||Utah to BLM: Rein in your cops|
|3.||Tests confirm virus making kids very ill is in Utah|
|4.||In Utah’s same-sex marriage debate, should the children be off limits?|
|5.||Meet the maestro of Utah’s TV chefs|
|6.||Prep football: Is Jordan QB Austin Kafentzis Utah’s best ever?|
|7.||Cougar released back into the wild after SLC adventure|
|8.||Mormon leaders spread word about controversial essays|
|9.||Restaurant review: Dim sum dining in the heart of Salt Lake|
|10.||Monson: BYU and Utah won’t play this year, but if they did ...|