• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Pioneer Day events around Utah|
|2.||Simmons calls ex-KISS bandmates crack addicts, losers|
|3.||NFL notes: Ravens RB Rice suspended two games for domestic violence|
|4.||Where to watch fireworks on Pioneer Day|
|5.||Bagley Cartoon: Future of Utah Lands|
|6.||Kate Kelly appeals ex- communication from Mormon church|
|7.||BYU football: Ex-Ute Langi's mom says he's still undecided|
|8.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|9.||This is the place for facts you might not know about Mormon pioneers|
|10.||‘Gestapo’ BLM officers decried in House hearing|