• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||No, Mormon temples aren’t getting out of the marriage business|
|2.||Pac-12 round-up: Oregon back in the driver's seat after Week 8 win|
|3.||Church posts pictures, video explaining Mormon ‘garments’|
|4.||Waterless subdivision in Saratoga Springs spurs criminal charges|
|5.||Utah Jazz: Lakers beat Jazz as fringe players fight for roster spots|
|6.||BYU football: Plenty of blame to go around in Cougs’ collapse (with video)|
|7.||Bagley Cartoon: Mia Love’s Talking Points|
|8.||Officials issue urgent plea for 4.7M vehicle owners to fix air bag problem|
|9.||NHL: Kings’ Voynov suspended on domestic violence suspicion|