• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Assault case dropped against Ralston, man trapped in Utah canyon|
|2.||Mormon church traces black priesthood ban to Brigham Young|
|3.||Mitt Romney documentary a standout amid Sundance’s stars|
|4.||Smallpools and beach balls, all part of Salt Lake City’s Eve 5.0|
|5.||Susan Boyle says Asperger’s diagnosis was a relief|
|6.||Stars will shine in Sundance premieres|
|7.||Kirby: Investigating the truth about Santa Claus|
|8.||Not so justified: Justin Timberlake’s Grammy snub|
|9.||Deborah Voigt joins Mormon Tabernacle Choir for annual Christmas extravaganza|
|10.||Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold|