• The Utah Symphony performs a night of recent Broadway music, "Do You Hear the People Sing?", tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Guitar-rock band The Jingoes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Danger Hailstorm. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at the venue’s website.
• Country-rock band Reckless Kelly performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Micky & The Motorcars. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Menomena performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Guards. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Michigan quintet Greensky Bluegrass performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Ryan Montbleau Band. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Western lawmakers gather in Utah to talk federal land takeover|
|2.||Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review|
|3.||Magnitude 3.2 earthquake jolts western Utah, USGS says|
|4.||Washington Insight: The Sagebrush Rebellion lives on with Nevada dispute|
|5.||Ex-NFL punter Chris Kluwe tells atheists to strive for empathy in Utah|
|6.||Why all the hate for Salt Lake City’s new federal courthouse?|
|7.||Utah same-sex marriage case could be thrown out on a technicality|
|8.||Utah realtors give ‘murder homes’ another life|
|9.||Salt Lake Comic Con FanX: In ‘cosplay,’ everybody can be anybody|
|10.||Utah Jazz sure of destination, unsure how they’ll get there|