• Salt Lake Acting Company’s production of the children’s book "Click Clack Moo: Cows Who Type" debuts tonight at the SLAC theater, 168 W. 500 North, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. (The production runs now through Jan. 5.) Tickets, from $10 to $25, at the SLAC website.
• The X96 Nightmare Before X-Mas, featuring Anberlin and Blondfire, happens Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $21 in advance, $27 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Rap legends Bone Thugs-N-Harmony perform Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: The Beginning At Last, Free Speech Syndicate, Tre Duce Ent, JC Kexx. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30 in advance, $33 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• The 30th anniversary Vivaldi By Candlelight Concert takes place Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church, 12 C St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40 — for information, go to the website of the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy.
• The Oratorio Society of Utah’s holiday tradition, Handel’s "Messiah," will be performed Sunday at Libby Gardner Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Featuring the Nachtmusic Orchestra and local soloists. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the Kingsbury Hall website.
|1.||Family says police shot Utah man because he was black|
|2.||Bear attack in Wyoming kills Utah man|
|3.||Ex-LDS presiding bishop is favorite to head UTA board|
|4.||Kragthorpe: Brandon Doman moves on, from BYU to little league|
|5.||Evidence disputed in Saratoga Springs shooting|
|6.||Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors is a grounded guy — and a Utahn|
|7.||Mormons’ close-knit nature, values drive them to GOP|
|8.||One dead in central Utah coal mine accident|
|9.||Regulators weighing wireless connecting standards|
|10.||Martin MacNeill to serve up to 15 years for sexual abuse|