• Salt Lake Acting Company’s production of the children’s book "Click Clack Moo: Cows Who Type" debuts tonight at the SLAC theater, 168 W. 500 North, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. (The production runs now through Jan. 5.) Tickets, from $10 to $25, at the SLAC website.
• The X96 Nightmare Before X-Mas, featuring Anberlin and Blondfire, happens Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $21 in advance, $27 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Rap legends Bone Thugs-N-Harmony perform Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: The Beginning At Last, Free Speech Syndicate, Tre Duce Ent, JC Kexx. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30 in advance, $33 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• The 30th anniversary Vivaldi By Candlelight Concert takes place Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church, 12 C St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40 — for information, go to the website of the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy.
• The Oratorio Society of Utah’s holiday tradition, Handel’s "Messiah," will be performed Sunday at Libby Gardner Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Featuring the Nachtmusic Orchestra and local soloists. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the Kingsbury Hall website.
|1.||Simmons calls ex-KISS bandmates crack addicts, losers|
|2.||Kate Kelly appeals excommunication from Mormon church|
|3.||Movie review: Johnson flexes muscle in bloody ‘Hercules’|
|4.||Bagley Cartoon: Future of Utah Lands|
|5.||Gas explosion levels home in Draper|
|6.||Golf: Jim Furyk ties course record at Canadian Open|
|7.||German business confidence drops as risks mount|
|8.||Lynch expected to hold out from Seahawks camp|
|9.||At Twilight Concert, Charles Bradley ends Pioneer Day with a groove|
|10.||‘Gestapo’ BLM officers decried in House hearing|