• Salt Lake Acting Company’s production of the children’s book "Click Clack Moo: Cows Who Type" debuts tonight at the SLAC theater, 168 W. 500 North, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. (The production runs now through Jan. 5.) Tickets, from $10 to $25, at the SLAC website.
• The X96 Nightmare Before X-Mas, featuring Anberlin and Blondfire, happens Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $21 in advance, $27 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Rap legends Bone Thugs-N-Harmony perform Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: The Beginning At Last, Free Speech Syndicate, Tre Duce Ent, JC Kexx. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30 in advance, $33 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• The 30th anniversary Vivaldi By Candlelight Concert takes place Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church, 12 C St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40 — for information, go to the website of the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy.
• The Oratorio Society of Utah’s holiday tradition, Handel’s "Messiah," will be performed Sunday at Libby Gardner Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Featuring the Nachtmusic Orchestra and local soloists. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the Kingsbury Hall website.
|1.||MLB: Angels’ Richards out for season with knee injury|
|2.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|3.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|4.||BYUtv meets TV critics, and gay question arises|
|5.||NFL: Johnny Manziel and Browns both agree he’s not ready to start|
|6.||Mitt Romney accepts Ice Bucket Challenge from Utahn with ALS|
|7.||Lucky magazine’s fall fashion tips: Santa Fe look, hiking boots|
|8.||Mormon church used to make it easy to follow its money|
|9.||Ex-student arrested for bomb threats at Utah County high school|
|10.||Golf roundup: McIlroy stumbles to 74 at Barclays — his worst start in 2 months|