• Salt Lake Acting Company’s production of the children’s book "Click Clack Moo: Cows Who Type" debuts tonight at the SLAC theater, 168 W. 500 North, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. (The production runs now through Jan. 5.) Tickets, from $10 to $25, at the SLAC website.
• The X96 Nightmare Before X-Mas, featuring Anberlin and Blondfire, happens Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $21 in advance, $27 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• Rap legends Bone Thugs-N-Harmony perform Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: The Beginning At Last, Free Speech Syndicate, Tre Duce Ent, JC Kexx. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $30 in advance, $33 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• The 30th anniversary Vivaldi By Candlelight Concert takes place Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church, 12 C St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $40 — for information, go to the website of the Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy.
• The Oratorio Society of Utah’s holiday tradition, Handel’s "Messiah," will be performed Sunday at Libby Gardner Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Featuring the Nachtmusic Orchestra and local soloists. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the Kingsbury Hall website.
|1.||Convicted killer Martin MacNeill survives jail suicide attempt|
|2.||Kragthorpe: Goalpost gets in way of RSL’s bid for MLS Cup (with video)|
|3.||MLS Cup: Real Salt Lake falls on PKs (with video)|
|4.||Guilt, pain, help and hope — when Mormon missionaries come home early|
|5.||College football: Auburn, Missouri on guard in SEC title game|
|6.||49ers get another shot vs. Seahawks|
|7.||Terrifying Moab BASE jump crash captured by helmet cam|
|8.||Utah health official bans Gardasil, stirring controversy|
|9.||‘Fit Mom’ Maria Kang, not yet over self, claims fatties are out to get her|
|10.||Standout performances bring new life to Nutcracker|