• The monthly Gallery Stroll happens tonight at participating galleries in and around downtown Salt Lake City. Show runs from 6 to 9 p.m. Free.
• The made-in-Utah movie "The 12 Dogs of Christmas: The Great Puppy Rescue" will screen, with a live holiday stage show to follow, tonight and Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $10 to $25, available at the Kingsbury website.
• The Utah Symphony performs works by Debussy and Ravel, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Jun Märkl is guest conductor; Pascal Rogé is showcased on piano. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nightts. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Singer-songwriters David Hidalgo (of Los Lobos) and Alejandro Escovedo share the bill tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $35, at the venue’s website.
• Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly and comic Dennis Miller share the bill on the "Bolder & Fresher" tour, Saturday at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 5 p.m. Tickets, starting at $55, available at Smith’s Tix.
• West Coast punk band NOFX performs Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Teenage Bottlerocket. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $22 in advance, $32 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix outlets.
• The Eddie Palmieri-Brian Lynch Latin Band performs Latin jazz, Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Part of the JazzSLC series. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $28, at ArtTix.
• Hip-hop act Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Also on the bill: Xperience, Dee-1. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $17 in advance, $20 on the day of show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|2.||Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland|
|3.||Former Ute Paul Kruger talks leading youth and a youthful NFL team|
|4.||Pac-12 Media Days Live: Orchard dreams of playing offense, too|
|5.||Dining review: Eva’s Bakery offerings a bit of Paris on Main Street|
|6.||This is the place for facts you might not know about Mormon pioneers|
|7.||Photos: Tedeschi Trucks Band gets crowd dancing at Red Butte|
|8.||Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling|
|9.||Z’Tejas at Gateway Mall to close Aug. 2|