Yes, the 2013 Utah Arts Festival is seven months away. If you’re a musician who wants to perform there, the time to start preparing is now.
The deadline for music acts applying to perform at the June outdoor event is Dec. 31.
All applications must be submitted online this year, so don’t just dump your demo tape at the door of UAF’s offices. (Does anyone still use tapes, or is The Cricket just showing his age?)
If you miss the Dec. 31 deadline, there’s still the chance to apply in January — but there’s a $5 late fee (which, for a larger band, may be more money than you make at an average gig).
Deadlines for other disciplines are as follows:
• Dance, Street Theater, & Literary Arts - Feb. 1, 2013.
• Commission for Chamber Ensemble - Feb. 4, 2013.
• Artist Marketplace/Visual Arts - Feb. 28, 2013 ($35 fee to apply to the show; artists who are juried in will pay a $500 booth fee, or $600 for corner booths).
• Culinary Arts - March 1, 2013 (Food vendors only).
• Fear No Film - March 1, 2013
• Mayor’s Artists Awards - March 1, 2013
The 37th annual Utah Arts Festival runs June 20-23 at Library Square in downtown Salt Lake City.
|1.||Did Susan Powell’s brother-in-law hide her body?|
|2.||Weekend Express: The top 9 things happening in Utah|
|3.||Living Traditions Festival opens in Salt Lake City|
|4.||Frances Monson, wife of Mormon church leader, dies|
|5.||Two Sugar House bars linked by history|
|6.||Utah Valley University set to become largest school in the state|
|7.||Fighting the feds|
|8.||Drama testing friendship between gay and Mormon youth goes to ‘Fringe NYC’|
|9.||Shaping Sound: The dance company that TV built|
|10.||Agnetha Faltskog reflects on ABBA, releases new solo album|