• Ballet West premieres its annual production of Tchaikovsky’s "The Nutcracker" tonight at The Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Tonight’s show starts at 7. (The show runs through Dec. 29 — click here for the complete schedule.) Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Pioneer Theatre Company begins its holiday production of "A Christmas Carol: The Musical" tonight at the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 300 S. 1400 East, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. (It runs through Dec. 15, Mondays through Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays at 8 p.m., and Saturdays at 2 and 8 p.m.) Tickets, from $38 to $59, available at the PTC website.
• Aerial Arts of Utah, a dance group that makes many of its moves well above the stage floor, performs tonight at the Leona Wagner Black Box Theatre (in the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center), 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, at $15 and $20, available at ArtTix.
• Rock superstars The Killers performs tonight at the UCCU Center, 800 W. University Parkway, Orem. Opening act: Tegan and Sara. Show starts at 8. Tickets, from $28 to $53, available at Smith’s Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs with violinist Fumiaki Miura, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. The program includes Scottish-themed works by Mendelssohn, Bruch and Debussy, as well as a Haydn work. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $18 to $33, avaiable at ArtTix.
• Saturday is World AIDS Day, and observances can be found around Utah. For example, the Utah Museum of Fine Arts (410 Campus Center Drive, Salt Lake City) will cover one artwork from its permanent collection for the day.
• Veteran metal band Megadeth performs Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. Opening acts: Kyng. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|2.||Pierce: NFL, BYU prioritize TV viewers over ticket buyers|
|3.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|4.||Utah adds a few more fish to the ‘do not eat’ list|
|5.||Utah Jazz notes: Mixed results in first practice for Exum, Hood|
|6.||Relatives speak about Utah family of five found dead in home|
|7.||Photos: Katy Perry roars into Salt Lake City on her Prismatic World Tour|
|8.||Utah Jazz: Lindsey expects to keep Kanter, Burks ‘a long time’|
|9.||Restaurant review: Utah duo takes chance on Korean standbys with contemporary spin|
|10.||When it comes to Cougar sports, BYU’s president sure is game|