• Ska/jazz punk band Streetlight Manifesto performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 W. 600 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hostage Calm, Lionize. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $18.50, at Smith’s Tix.
• Violinist and crossover star Hilary Hahn will join the Utah Symphony for a performance of Erich Wolfgang Korngold’s Violin Concerto, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts a program that includes Mozart’s "Jupiter" Symphony and the adagio movement from Mahler’s Symphony No. 10. Concert starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• San Francisco singer/songwriter Sean Hayes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Birds of Chicago, Awna Teixeira. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $16, at the venue’s website.
• Mayday Parade and The Maine share the bill Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Postelles. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Rock duo Japandroids performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Swearin’. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $14 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Punk-blues band The Devil Makes Three performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Jonny Fritz (the artist formerly known as Jonny Corndawg). Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $17.50 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• I Fight Dragons performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: MC Lars, Skyfox. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Paul: Court young voters with privacy focus|
|2.||Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberating|
|3.||Utah cockfighters say sport is tradition, not inhumane|
|4.||LDS leader tells Mormons to embrace their history, keep their faith|
|5.||Colorado uses humor in campaign against stoned driving|
|6.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|7.||Utah city won’t file charges over risque T-shirts|
|8.||NBA: For James, Cleveland trip was to support Ilgauskas|
|9.||Vietnam searchers say they cannot find object from missing jet|
|10.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|