• Ska/jazz punk band Streetlight Manifesto performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 W. 600 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hostage Calm, Lionize. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $18.50, at Smith’s Tix.
• Violinist and crossover star Hilary Hahn will join the Utah Symphony for a performance of Erich Wolfgang Korngold’s Violin Concerto, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts a program that includes Mozart’s "Jupiter" Symphony and the adagio movement from Mahler’s Symphony No. 10. Concert starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• San Francisco singer/songwriter Sean Hayes performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Birds of Chicago, Awna Teixeira. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $16, at the venue’s website.
• Mayday Parade and The Maine share the bill Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Postelles. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• Rock duo Japandroids performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Swearin’. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $14 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
• Punk-blues band The Devil Makes Three performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Jonny Fritz (the artist formerly known as Jonny Corndawg). Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $17.50 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at Smith’s Tix.
• I Fight Dragons performs Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: MC Lars, Skyfox. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Fall TV preview: The best and worst of fall TV|
|2.||Ordain Women will take its message local to Mormon congregations|
|3.||Feds charge five Utahns in Recapture Canyon protest ride|
|4.||MLS says Chivas USA might not play in 2015|
|5.||Lawmaker: All Utah restaurants should have a ‘Zion Curtain’|
|6.||Ice-cold, high-point beer a new niche for Utah brewery stores|
|7.||BYU football: Zac Stout’s return to BYU tearful, but gratifying|
|8.||Utah football: Michigan’s Brady Hoke is battling for his job|
|9.||Movie review: ‘Maze Runner’ sends viewers going in circles|
|10.||At his funeral, Darrien Hunt’s friends say he was Christlike|