• Folk-punk band Andrew Jackson Jihad performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Future of The Left, Jeff Rosenstock (of Bomb the Music Industry!). Show starts at 7. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• "An Evening With Carrie Fisher," an event featuring the actress, writer and mental-health advocate, is set for tonight at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Presented by the Utah Film Center, which will give Fisher its Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media. The event starts at 7:30. Tickets are $50, at ArtTix outlets.
• Indie-rock band The Faint plays its 2001 album "Danse Macabre" and other favorites, tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Trust, Robert DeLong. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $20, available at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Ravel’s "Bolero" — along with more Ravel compositions, and works by Stravinsky and Saint-Saens — tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts; Ingrid Fliter solos on piano. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Comedienne and "Wait, Wait… Don’t Tell Me" regular Paula Poundstone performs Saturday at the Eccles Center, 1750 Kearns Ave., Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $20 to $67, available at the Eccles Center website.
|1.||Family says police shot Utah man because he was black|
|2.||Analysis: Both parties in Congress play it safe|
|3.||BYU football: Virginia suddenly looking formidable for No. 21 Cougars|
|4.||US, Serbia to meet for Basketball World Cup gold|
|5.||Golf: Rory McIlroy, Billy Horschel tied for Tour Championship lead|
|6.||Monson: If BYU wants perfection, it must listen to a Ute|
|7.||College football: Utah State beats Wake Forest, but loses QB Keeton|
|8.||Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors is a grounded guy — and a Utahn|
|9.||Sex offenders driving up Utah’s prison population|
|10.||‘Grand boulevard’ entrances off I-15 on SLC's wish list|