• Folk-punk band Andrew Jackson Jihad performs tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Future of The Left, Jeff Rosenstock (of Bomb the Music Industry!). Show starts at 7. Tickets are $12, at 24Tix.
• "An Evening With Carrie Fisher," an event featuring the actress, writer and mental-health advocate, is set for tonight at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Presented by the Utah Film Center, which will give Fisher its Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media. The event starts at 7:30. Tickets are $50, at ArtTix outlets.
• Indie-rock band The Faint plays its 2001 album "Danse Macabre" and other favorites, tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Trust, Robert DeLong. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $20, available at Smith’s Tix and 24Tix.
• The Utah Symphony performs Ravel’s "Bolero" — along with more Ravel compositions, and works by Stravinsky and Saint-Saens — tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Thierry Fischer conducts; Ingrid Fliter solos on piano. Shows start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Comedienne and "Wait, Wait… Don’t Tell Me" regular Paula Poundstone performs Saturday at the Eccles Center, 1750 Kearns Ave., Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $20 to $67, available at the Eccles Center website.
|1.||4 Utah restaurants call it quits|
|2.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|3.||Restaurateur impressing Salt Lake with good food, hard work|
|4.||Report shows Utah Dickey’s had problem with food labels|
|5.||Salt Lake’s Flower Patch goes down as David bows to Goliath|
|6.||Op-Ed: LDS leader delivered a confusing message to graduates|
|7.||BYU football: At least three freshmen could start in opener|
|8.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|9.||Paul Rolly: Are you married? In Utah, it’s a multiple-choice question|
|10.||Review: Even Stevens Sandwiches makes altruism delicious|