Plans for tonight: A new season for the Jazz
• The Utah Jazz kicks off the 2012-13 season by playing host to the Dallas Mavericks, at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith’s Tix.
• Indie-rock performer Mr. Gnome plays Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Totem & Taboo, Amassing Massive Mass, Shadow Puppet. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $8, at 24Tix.
• The final screenings of the season for "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" happen tonight at the Tower Theatre, 876 E. 900 South, Salt Lake City. Movie starts at 8 p.m. and midnight, with live pre-show a half hour before the movie. Tickets are $10, at the Tower box office.
• The Disco Drippers mark their 20th anniversary with a two-set Halloween show, at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $20, at the venue’s website.
• Blue October performs at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: A Silent Film, Barcelona. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $35, at Smith’s Tix.
• Indie-pop duo Electric Guest performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: No, Line & Circle. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $10, at 24Tix.
• And don’t forget to watch out for trick-or-treaters tonight.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.