• The Tower’s annual screening of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" happens tonight and Saturday (and again Wednesday, Halloween night) at The Tower Theatre, 876 E. 900 South, Salt Lake City. Screenings start at 8 p.m. and midnight all three nights. A pre-show, featuring The Latter-Day Transvestites, starts a half-hour before the screening. Tickets are $10, at the Tower box office. Outside props are not allowed, but a small prop kit will be sold at the theater.
• Pianist Lukas Geniusas performs Rachmaninoff’s Paginini Rhapsody with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Also on the program: Music by Shostakovich, Borodin and Rimsky-Korsakov, with guest conductor Gerard Schwarz. Concerts start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $18 to $67, available at ArtTix.
• Author Charlaine Harris, creator of the "Sookie Stackhouse" book series (the basis for HBO’s "True Blood"), will sign her books Saturday at the Viridian Event Center, 1825 W. 8030 South, West Jordan. The event starts at 7 p.m. Presented as part of the Utah Humanities Book Festival. Admission is free.
• Folk-rock band Grace Potter and the Nocturnals perform Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Rayland Baxter. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the day of the show, available at Smith’s Tix.
• Americana/blues act Rev. Payton’s Big Damn Band performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: to be determined. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $16, at the venue’s website.
|1.||Kragthorpe: BYU’s overtime win enough to land Cougars in NCAA tourney|
|2.||Game postponed after player collapses|
|3.||Parents grieve dying 6-year-old, a candidate for cannabis|
|4.||BYU basketball: Cougars reach WCC title game with OT win|
|5.||NFL Mock Draft Version Two|
|6.||NBA capsules and gallery|
|7.||Brigham Young University names new president|
|8.||Satirical musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ set to play Utah theater|
|9.||7 green foods to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day|
|10.||Keith Richards children’s picture book out this fall|