• The Utah Jazz plays its first pre-season home game, against the Oklahoma City Thunder, tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets, from $8 to $143, at Smith’s Tix.
• Utah Opera’s production of Verdi’s "Il Trovatore" debuts Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. The show starts at 7:30 (and repeats on Monday, Wednesday and next Friday, at 7:30 each night, with a 2 p.m. matinee on Sunday, Oct. 21). Tickets, from $13 to $78, available at ArtTix outlets.
• Local rock band New City Skyline celebrates the release of its debut album with a show Saturday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10, at Smith’s Tix.
• The otherworldly electronic sounds of Shpongle come to life Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Phutureprimitive. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the night of the show, at Smith’s Tix outlets.
• Rapper Yelawolf performs Sunday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Rittz, Trouble Andrew, DJ Vajra, Prof. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, available at Smith’s Tix.
|1.||Pierce: NFL, BYU prioritize TV viewers over ticket buyers|
|2.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|3.||Utah Jazz: Trey Burke apologizes for leaked nude photographs|
|4.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|5.||In Utah, Mormon chapels are here, there and everywhere|
|6.||Lindsey, Burke address internet photo issue|
|7.||Utah school district settles with family of boy who killed himself|
|8.||When it comes to Cougar sports, BYU’s president sure is game|
|9.||LDS meeting: Feminists seeking change find it in subtle wording|
|10.||Utah football: ‘Somber’ Utes get early start prepping for UCLA|