• Country-rock legend Rosanne Cash performs tonight at the Ed Kenley Centennial Amphitheater, 405 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton. Opening act: Kate MacLeod. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $26, at the Davis Arts Council’s website.
• A sing-along "The Sound of Music" happens Saturday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show up in costumes and sing to the Rodgers and Hammerstein songs. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $15 to $25, at the Eccles Center website.
• Superstar country duo Sugarland performs Saturday at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening acts: Lauren Alaina, Canaan Smith. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $30 to $61, available at Smith’s Tix.
• The Salt Lake City Jazz Festival -- featuring such artists as Tower of Power and Deana Martin -- takes place Sunday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Performances start at 1 p.m. and run into the night. Tickets are $16, at Smith’s Tix.
• New Orleans jazzman Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue performs Sunday in the last show of the season at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Stone Foxes. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35, at the Red Butte website.
• Rock-folk band Langhorne Slim & The Law performs Monday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hoots & Hellmouth, The Awful Truth. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the 24Tix website.
|1.||Orem police track down stolen ring to a gut-wrenching place|
|2.||The vibe is back in downtown Salt Lake City|
|3.||BYU football: ‘Embarrassed’ Texas looks forward to Cougars’ visit|
|4.||USU Football: Tennessee beats Utah State 38-7|
|5.||Utah Football: Vegas thinks Fresno State may be match for Utes|
|6.||BYU football: Texas QB Ash won’t play vs. Cougars|
|7.||Islamist militia guarding U.S. Embassy in Tripoli|
|8.||New downtown Salt Lake City bicycle track worries small businesses|
|9.||Pac-12 round-up — USC, Arizona make big opening week statements|
|10.||Here are 5 things you won’t want to miss at Salt Lake Comic Con|