• Country-rock legend Rosanne Cash performs tonight at the Ed Kenley Centennial Amphitheater, 405 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton. Opening act: Kate MacLeod. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $26, at the Davis Arts Council’s website.
• A sing-along "The Sound of Music" happens Saturday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show up in costumes and sing to the Rodgers and Hammerstein songs. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $15 to $25, at the Eccles Center website.
• Superstar country duo Sugarland performs Saturday at Usana Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. Opening acts: Lauren Alaina, Canaan Smith. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $30 to $61, available at Smith’s Tix.
• The Salt Lake City Jazz Festival -- featuring such artists as Tower of Power and Deana Martin -- takes place Sunday at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Performances start at 1 p.m. and run into the night. Tickets are $16, at Smith’s Tix.
• New Orleans jazzman Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue performs Sunday in the last show of the season at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Stone Foxes. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35, at the Red Butte website.
• Rock-folk band Langhorne Slim & The Law performs Monday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Hoots & Hellmouth, The Awful Truth. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10, at the 24Tix website.
|1.||Agnetha Faltskog reflects on ABBA, releases new solo album|
|2.||Shaping Sound: The dance company that TV built|
|3.||Did Susan Powell’s brother-in-law hide her body?|
|4.||Living Traditions Festival opens in Salt Lake City|
|5.||Ballet West’s Innovations 2013 opens up new possibilities in dance|
|6.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|7.||Weekend Express: The top 9 things happening in Utah|
|8.||Weed: The new White Lightning|
|10.||Frances Monson, wife of Mormon church leader, dies|