• The Salt Lake Bees hosts the Sacramento River Cats -- and welcomes actress Geena Davis to celebrate Utah's women's baseball history, and the 20th anniversary of "A League of Their Own" -- tonight at Spring Mobile Ballpark, 77 W. 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7:05 p.m.; an outdoor screening of "A League of Their Own" starts after the game. Tickets for the game, $8 to $24, available at Smith's Tix; admission to the movie is free, and gates open after the 8th inning.
• The Rev. Al Green, the legendary soul and gospel singer, performs tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Joy and Eric. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $58, at the Red Butte website.
• The Utah Symphony performs Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" tonight at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $45 to $85, available at ArtTix.
• U92's Summer Jam -- featuring hip-hop artists including J. Cole, Kirko Bangz, Kid Ink, Baby Bash, John Witherspoon, The Finnaticz, Stefano and The Cataracs -- happens Saturday at Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 4 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
• Los Lobos and Steve Earle & the Dukes (and Duchesses), featuring Allison Moorer, share the bill Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $42, at the Red Butte website.
• Country-rock star Dwight Yoakam performs Sunday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $40 to $75, available at the Eccles Center website.
|1.||9 new food trucks roll into Salt Lake|
|2.||Miss Utah USA’s botched answer makes her a star|
|3.||Review: Minus pretense, Tim McGraw an evolving, revolving act|
|4.||Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood|
|5.||Monson: Miss Utah will bounce back big after choking away beauty crown|
|6.||Kirby: Broccoli? I’d rather eat squid|
|7.||Christian missionaries going door to door in Mormon capital|
|8.||Kragthorpe: U.S. soccer team merits more noise in second half (with video)|
|9.||Man arrested in shooting of father-in-law inside Ogden church|