• The Salt Lake Bees hosts the Sacramento River Cats -- and welcomes actress Geena Davis to celebrate Utah's women's baseball history, and the 20th anniversary of "A League of Their Own" -- tonight at Spring Mobile Ballpark, 77 W. 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7:05 p.m.; an outdoor screening of "A League of Their Own" starts after the game. Tickets for the game, $8 to $24, available at Smith's Tix; admission to the movie is free, and gates open after the 8th inning.
• The Rev. Al Green, the legendary soul and gospel singer, performs tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Joy and Eric. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $58, at the Red Butte website.
• The Utah Symphony performs Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" tonight at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $45 to $85, available at ArtTix.
• U92's Summer Jam -- featuring hip-hop artists including J. Cole, Kirko Bangz, Kid Ink, Baby Bash, John Witherspoon, The Finnaticz, Stefano and The Cataracs -- happens Saturday at Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 4 p.m. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
• Los Lobos and Steve Earle & the Dukes (and Duchesses), featuring Allison Moorer, share the bill Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $42, at the Red Butte website.
• Country-rock star Dwight Yoakam performs Sunday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, from $40 to $75, available at the Eccles Center website.
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Annual liquor sales in Utah up $20 million|
|3.||For selling risky mortgages, Bank of America fined $1.3B|
|4.||Take off your clothes to make it in reality TV|
|5.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|
|6.||Swallow, Shurtleff make appearance in court, vow to beat charges|
|7.||Photos: Santana works its musical magic at Red Butte Garden|
|8.||Restaurant review: Flavor and style — for a Park City price — at Burgers and Bourbon|
|9.||Owner of dog shot by Utah police turns down $10,000 offer|
|10.||‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction|