• The Salt Lake Gallery Stroll happens tonight at galleries around the city. Events run from 6 to 9 p.m. Free.
• Roots-rock band Grace Potter and the Nocturnals perform tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: ZZ Ward. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $40, at the Red Butte website or at the gates.
• Ska band Reel Big Fish performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Big D and the Kids Table, Suburban Legends, The Maxies. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $19.50, at Smith's Tix.
• Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple performs Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Blake Lewis. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $45 to $65, available at the Kingsbury website.
• '70s rock band Kansas will perform with the Utah Symphony, Saturday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheatre, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $32 to $85, available at ArtTix.
• Real Salt Lake tries to bounce back from last week's pasting in San Jose by playing host to the Colorado Rapids, Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9200 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 8 p.m.; fireworks follow the match. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Hip-hop star Big K.R.I.T. performs Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Casey Veggies, Big Sant. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 on the day of the show, at 24Tix.
|1.||Hatch wants immigrant fingerprints taken at airports|
|2.||Hatch poised to back immigration bill with changes|
|3.||Utah company makes eating outdoors more enticing|
|4.||Kirby: Children’s insults speak the harsh truth|
|5.||Utah Jazz will pick 14th in NBA Draft|
|6.||Mormon movie soundtrack a historical journey for Utah composer Paul Cardall|
|7.||Founding Doors member Ray Manzarek dies at 74|
|8.||Study: Salt Lake City has highest rate of gay parents in U.S.|
|9.||Susan Powell case closed, files are opened|
|10.||Kragthorpe: Chickening out? Bronco won’t say so, but why not?|