• Soul singer Aaron Neville sings doo-wop and more tonight to kick off the summer St. Regis Big Stars, Bright Nights series, at the Snow Park Amphitheatre at Deer Valley, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Opening act: The Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Show starts at 7. Tickets, from $35 to $65, available at the gates.
• Alt-punk artist/guitarist The Fabulous Miss Wendy performs tonight at Liquid Joe's, 1249 E. 3300 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Still-Born, Vengeance, Morrow Hill. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $7, at the door.
• Legendary Utah ska bands Stretch Armstrong and Swim Herschel Swim perform a reunion concert, Saturday at The Rail Event Center, 235 N. 500 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Insatiable, 2 1/2 White Guys. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Speaking of Deer Valley, the Utah Symphony will kick off the monthlong Deer Valley Music Festival performing a tribute to Michael Jackson, Saturday at the Snow Park Amphitheatre at Deer Valley, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $32 to $85, available via ArtTix.
• Talk-show host Jay Leno talks cars with curator Ken Gross, Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Presented in conjunction with the exhibit "Speed: The Art of the Performance Automobile" at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts. The onstage discussion starts at 8 p.m. Tickets, from $20 to $60, available through Smith's Tix and the Kingsbury Hall website.
• Halestorm, a brother-sister rock band from Pennsylvania, performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: New Medicine, Emphatic. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix.
• Chris Robinson Brotherhood, a jam-band side project of The Black Crowes' lead singer, performs Sunday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Alt-country singer Brandi Carlile performs Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: You, Me & Apollo. Show starts at 7. The show is sold out.
|1.||Mormon church traces black priesthood ban to Brigham Young|
|2.||Friends rally to help former Utah football star Bronzell Miller, given two weeks to live|
|3.||Few searchers remain in quest for 5 missing in central Idaho plane crash|
|4.||NSA head says metadata program key tool against terrorism|
|5.||Mitt Romney documentary a standout amid Sundance’s stars|
|6.||Real Salt Lake: Jason Kreis steps down as RSL coach|
|7.||University of Utah study: Lizard lungs work like birds’, and nobody knows why|
|8.||All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song|
|9.||Restaurant review: Menu misses at The Annex in Sugar House|
|10.||‘A Snow White Christmas’ brings new family tradition to Salt Lake City, panto style|