Plans for the weekend: Young Empires strike back
• Canadian experimental rock band Young Empires performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Humans. Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $10, at the door.
• The Utah Symphony performs a program of patriotic music tonight at the Waterfall Amphitheater at Thanksgiving Point Gardens, 3003 N. Thanksgiving Way, Lehi. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $15, at Smith's Tix.
• The Sundance Resort starts its summer Bluebird Cafe Concert Series, with Al Anderson, Shawn Camp and Pat McLaughlin, tonight at the Sundance Resort, 8841 N. Alpine Loop Road, Sundance (up Provo Canyon). Show starts at 8. Tickets are $25, at the Sundance website.
• Real Salt Lake plays host to the Portland Timbers in MLS action Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9200 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Turntablist Knowa Knowone headlines a hip-hop show Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Crisis Wright, Steezo. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8, at 24Tix.
See more about comments here.