Plans for the weekend: Welcome back, D-Will
• Comedian and podcast king Marc Maron performs tonight and Saturday at Wiseguys Trolley Square, 505 S. 600 East, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 7 and 9 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $20, at the Wiseguys website.
• "The Color of Your Socks: A Year with Pipilotta Rust," a documentary about the Swiss video artist, screens tonight at the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art, 20 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City. Screening starts at 7. Free.
• The Utah Symphony presents "Dancing and Romancing," a program of song and dance featuring songs made famous in Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers movies, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• The Utah Jazz welcome the New Jersey Nets including former Jazz players Deron Williams, Mehmet Okur and Kris ("Don't call me Mr. Kardashian") Humphries Saturday at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at SmithsTix.
• Alt-rock band A Lull plays Saturday at at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Deleted Scenes, Nurses. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $8, at 24Tix.
• Alt-rock bands Aiden and Modern Day Escape share the bill Sunday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $12.50 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at SmithsTix.