• EVE, Salt Lake City's three-night celebration of the end of the year, continues tonight and Saturday at venues all over downtown - mostly in and around the Salt Palace, on West Temple from South Temple to 200 South. Events start at 6 tonight and Saturday. Wristbands are $15, and kids under 10 get in free with a paid adult. Go to eveslc.com for details.
• The Utah Jazz play their first home game of the abbreviated NBA season tonight, facing the Philadelphia 76ers at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at SmithsTix.
• Ballet West presents "The Nutty Nutcracker," the parody version of the troupe's Christmas classic, tonight and Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Showtimes are tonight at 7 and Saturday at 2 p.m. Tickets, from $18 to $79, available at ArtTix.
• Salt Lake City comedian and "Daily Show" staffer Jenna Kim Jones performs tonight and Saturday at Wiseguys Trolley Square, 505 S. 600 East, Salt Lake City. Shows start at 7 and 9 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $10, at the Wiseguys website.
• "Video Games Live! Bonus Round," the Utah Symphony's selection of music from popular video games, plays tonight at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City, The concert starts at 8. Tickets, from $33 to $90, available at ArtTix.
• Garage-rock band The Heartless Bastards ring in 2012, Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Holy Water Buffalo. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $40, at the State Room website.
• Local experimental/soul band Laserfang plays New Year's Eve, Saturday at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Night Sweats. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $6, at 24Tix.
|1.||7 surprises in the Mormon pioneer diet|
|2.||Obama’s order protects gay workers; Hatch wants religious exemption|
|3.||Dining review: Eva’s Bakery offerings a bit of Paris on Main Street|
|4.||Utah Jazz trade Lucas, Thomas and Murphy to Cleveland|
|5.||Two brothers from Utah died in Arizona Strip plane crash|
|6.||Film, TV legend James Garner, reluctant hero, dies|
|7.||What Utahns need to know about today’s Obamacare rulings|
|8.||Review: Amazon unlimited e-book service is limited|
|9.||Grandma hurt by mother’s power play|
|10.||Z’Tejas at Gateway Mall to close Aug. 2|