Plans for the weekend: Music before Christmas
• Mannheim Steamroller brings its New Age style to holiday favorites, tonight at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Shows are at 4:30 and 8 p.m. Tickets, from $50 to $75, available at ArtTix.
• "Marleymas," a reggae Christmas concert featuring local acts, plays tonight at The Organ Loft, 3331 S. Edison St. (half a block east of State Street), South Salt Lake City, Utah. Acts include Natural Roots, Funk & Gonzo, Leik Affect, Afro Omega and Ashlee K. Show starts at 6. Tickets are $30, at the door.
• Local alt-country band The Folka Dots plays its Christmas show tonight at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $6, at the door.
• Local folk act Lark & Spur performs tonight at the Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Free.
• The Salt Lake Film Society presents its annual screenings of "It's a Wonderful Life," Saturday and Sunday at the Broadway Centre Cinemas, 111 E. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Showtimes are 3 p.m. Christmas Eve, and 7:30 p.m. on Christmas night. Free.
See more about comments here.