• Drum-and-bass duo Hank & Cupcakes are the out-of-town guests to what's billed as a "Locals Only Christmas Bash" tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. The locals on the bill: Codi Jordan Band, Funk and Gonzo, Junior Giant. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $8, at SmithsTix.
• Utah keyboardist Jon Schmidt gives his annual Christmas concert, tonight and Saturday at Libby Gardner Concert Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. each night. Tickets are $18.50, at the Kingsbury Hall website. Bring donations of new and gently used coats, hats, scarves, gloves and blankets, and new children's underwear for the Crossroads Urban Center.
• The Utah Symphony presents its "Holiday Celebration" program, with Cirque de la Symphonie performing and Vladimir Kulenovic conducting, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $32 to $90, available at ArtTix.
• Seattle hip-hop artist Macklemore and his producer, Ryan Lewis, performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Champagne Champagne, Xperience. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at SmithsTix.
• Local pop-folk musician Peter Breinholt performs a holiday show Saturday at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at ArtTix.
|1.||‘Cosmos’ re-emerges on Fox with the help of Seth MacFarlane|
|2.||Two South Valley restaurants closed for health violations|
|3.||Mormon women to try again to get into priesthood meeting|
|4.||Kirby: The truth about Mormon tithing|
|5.||Transformers 4 trailer has Dinobots and Mark Wahlberg in it|
|6.||At the Utah State Prison, the tie that binds|
|7.||Market Street Broiler near Utah campus adds an Oyster Bar|
|8.||Idina Menzel, ‘Frozen’ heat up pop charts|
|9.||Out and about: Galactic, a Talking Heads tribute band and some, ahem, ‘Hot Chicks’|
|10.||Hot tickets: Disney on Ice, Utah Symphony, much more|