• Drum-and-bass duo Hank & Cupcakes are the out-of-town guests to what's billed as a "Locals Only Christmas Bash" tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. The locals on the bill: Codi Jordan Band, Funk and Gonzo, Junior Giant. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $8, at SmithsTix.
• Utah keyboardist Jon Schmidt gives his annual Christmas concert, tonight and Saturday at Libby Gardner Concert Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. each night. Tickets are $18.50, at the Kingsbury Hall website. Bring donations of new and gently used coats, hats, scarves, gloves and blankets, and new children's underwear for the Crossroads Urban Center.
• The Utah Symphony presents its "Holiday Celebration" program, with Cirque de la Symphonie performing and Vladimir Kulenovic conducting, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $32 to $90, available at ArtTix.
• Seattle hip-hop artist Macklemore and his producer, Ryan Lewis, performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Champagne Champagne, Xperience. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at SmithsTix.
• Local pop-folk musician Peter Breinholt performs a holiday show Saturday at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at ArtTix.
|1.||Orem police track down stolen ring to a gut-wrenching place|
|2.||The vibe is back in downtown Salt Lake City|
|3.||BYU football: ‘Embarrassed’ Texas looks forward to Cougars’ visit|
|4.||USU Football: Tennessee beats Utah State 38-7|
|5.||New downtown Salt Lake City bicycle track worries small businesses|
|6.||Utah Football: Vegas thinks Fresno State may be match for Utes|
|7.||Islamist militia guarding U.S. Embassy in Tripoli|
|8.||Utah State football: Chuckie-for-Heisman hinges on opener|
|9.||Kirby: Winterize now — or pay later|
|10.||Here are 5 things you won’t want to miss at Salt Lake Comic Con|