Plans for the weekend: Holiday cheer
• Drum-and-bass duo Hank & Cupcakes are the out-of-town guests to what's billed as a "Locals Only Christmas Bash" tonight at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. The locals on the bill: Codi Jordan Band, Funk and Gonzo, Junior Giant. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $8, at SmithsTix.
• Utah keyboardist Jon Schmidt gives his annual Christmas concert, tonight and Saturday at Libby Gardner Concert Hall, 1375 E. Presidents Circle, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. each night. Tickets are $18.50, at the Kingsbury Hall website. Bring donations of new and gently used coats, hats, scarves, gloves and blankets, and new children's underwear for the Crossroads Urban Center.
• The Utah Symphony presents its "Holiday Celebration" program, with Cirque de la Symphonie performing and Vladimir Kulenovic conducting, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets, from $32 to $90, available at ArtTix.
• Seattle hip-hop artist Macklemore and his producer, Ryan Lewis, performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Champagne Champagne, Xperience. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 on the day of the show, at SmithsTix.
• Local pop-folk musician Peter Breinholt performs a holiday show Saturday at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15, at ArtTix.
See more about comments here.