Milwaukee • The Jazz practiced this morning in Cleveland while yours truly sits in a Milwaukee airport watching snow accumulate. Just had a quick chat with Tyrone Corbin on a conference call in the wake of his team's 109-108 loss to the Bucks.
Lots of big storylines for the Jazz moving forward: the benching of Derrick Favors, the potential return of Mo Williams, Al Jefferson's health, the starting lineup in general... I touched on most of them on DJ & PK on 1280 The Zone this morning, so listen for verbal thoughts on all of those.
A few notes before boarding, though, from the conversation with Corbin.
• The story of the day was Corbin benching Derrick Favors in, uh, favor of Enes Kanter for the final 17 minutes against the Bucks. Corbin defended the decision, sort of. "We liked the way it was going on the floor," he said. "I made the decision." This is a pretty typical response from Corbin, who often clams up when he is probed for further insight on decisions he makes. Reporters generally are not trying to challenge Corbin, but instead seek clarity on his thought process.
• Al Jefferson stretched and took shots at practice this morning, but is still listed as doubtful for tomorrow against the Cavs.
• Mo Williams "didn't have any discomfort" in his surgically repaired thumb, but is still listed as out two months after surgery. However, Corbin said the point guard playing is "a possibility if he don't have any soreness in it overnight."
• Randy Foye, Marvin Williams and Earl Watson were scoreless last night. "It's a concern," Corbin said.
• Corbin said, "We have to get a better flow with that first group," and that changes to the starting lineup are possible. What changes? It's a secret.
• All the other good junk is on Twitter. Follow me at @tribjazz.
— Bill Oram
|1.||Aron Ralston, who cut off arm to escape Utah canyon, jailed in Denver|
|2.||Witness to guide Idaho search for plane|
|3.||Susan Boyle says Asperger’s diagnosis was a relief|
|4.||Utah man killed in snowmobile accident|
|5.||Smallpools and beach balls, all part of Salt Lake City’s Eve 5.0|
|6.||Mormon church traces black priesthood ban to Brigham Young|
|7.||Deborah Voigt joins Mormon Tabernacle Choir for annual Christmas extravaganza|
|8.||Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold|
|9.||Guilt, pain, help and hope — when Mormon missionaries come home early|
|10.||Kirby: Investigating the truth about Santa Claus|