Milwaukee • The Jazz practiced this morning in Cleveland while yours truly sits in a Milwaukee airport watching snow accumulate. Just had a quick chat with Tyrone Corbin on a conference call in the wake of his team's 109-108 loss to the Bucks.
Lots of big storylines for the Jazz moving forward: the benching of Derrick Favors, the potential return of Mo Williams, Al Jefferson's health, the starting lineup in general... I touched on most of them on DJ & PK on 1280 The Zone this morning, so listen for verbal thoughts on all of those.
A few notes before boarding, though, from the conversation with Corbin.
• The story of the day was Corbin benching Derrick Favors in, uh, favor of Enes Kanter for the final 17 minutes against the Bucks. Corbin defended the decision, sort of. "We liked the way it was going on the floor," he said. "I made the decision." This is a pretty typical response from Corbin, who often clams up when he is probed for further insight on decisions he makes. Reporters generally are not trying to challenge Corbin, but instead seek clarity on his thought process.
• Al Jefferson stretched and took shots at practice this morning, but is still listed as doubtful for tomorrow against the Cavs.
• Mo Williams "didn't have any discomfort" in his surgically repaired thumb, but is still listed as out two months after surgery. However, Corbin said the point guard playing is "a possibility if he don't have any soreness in it overnight."
• Randy Foye, Marvin Williams and Earl Watson were scoreless last night. "It's a concern," Corbin said.
• Corbin said, "We have to get a better flow with that first group," and that changes to the starting lineup are possible. What changes? It's a secret.
• All the other good junk is on Twitter. Follow me at @tribjazz.
— Bill Oram
|1.||Blood found on teen arrested in deaths of 2 adopted brothers|
|2.||Recording reveals Mark Shurtleff’s ‘bizarro’ $2 million offer|
|3.||Planes, trains and orangutans: 12 distinctly Utah things to do this summer|
|4.||Police locate missing Davis County teen after 2 brothers found dead|
|5.||Police raid live sex show in Syracuse, arrest six|
|6.||Scott D. Pierce: Is it brave for Matt Damon to play gay?|
|7.||Susan Powell’s marriage worse than thought, documents show (video)|
|8.||Movie review: ‘Hangover Part III’ more violent, less funny|
|9.||University of Utah graduate wins sports-trivia contest on ESPNU|
|10.||First time ever, University of Utah student president impeached|