Quantcast

Mom finds deadly spiders in her banana, is forced to evacuate home

Published November 4, 2013 3:44 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Consi Taylor thought the white-ish spot on her banana was mold, until it started moving.

Taylor, 29, was about halfway through the Colombian Fairtrade banana when she saw the spot, according to the New York Daily News. It looked funny, she said, until she looked closer and discovered it was actually hundreds of tiny spiders, hatching and running onto her carpet, according to Metro.

"I was so scared I started crying," she said to The Sun.

It turns out the banana was infested with venomous Brazilian Wandering Spiders, which the New York Daily News describes as the most deadly spider in the world.

Naturally, Taylor — along with her husband and two small children — couldn't share their London home with the deadly spiders. The family evacuated and was forced to fumigate their home and dry-clean their clothes.

The bill added up to 1,000 pounds, which Sainsbury's — the supermarket that sold the fruit — paid for.

— Jim Dalrymple II

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus