Just when you didn't think anything could be done to improve fly rods Redington decided to produce a line of rods without a cork grip. There is a variety of grips out there for standard spinning rods, but few major rod producers have dabbled in alternatives. Redington went with Winn Grips when it designed the Vapen Collection and says the new design "reduces fatigue and amplifies power". The Vapen rods (available in 5-weight to 12-weight 4-peice set ups for $349.95) are made with X-Wrap graphite technology and have a carbon fiber reel seat.
Gift Guide - Vapen Red fly rods from Redington
First Published Nov 18 2013 04:54PM • Last Updated Nov 19 2013 02:51 pm
- Human remains found buried in cellar at Utah home
- Payments to Diehl during bankruptcy raise new questions about ties to Utah power brokers
- Iran president waiting for White House 'to become stable intellectually'
- New centrist party forms in Utah to attract disaffected Republicans, Democrats
- Lorris Betz making $67K per month as interim CEO of U. Health Care