Well, shoot. We completely missed Constitution Day. Shameful oversight for any First Amendment-powered institution.
So here are a couple of other newspapers’ thoughts on the issue. (Spoiler alert: They are for it.) And some editorials on the coming election, which is related to the Constitution, of course. And some economics.
- Matheson in the 4th: A moderate Democrat in Congress - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
The best reason to vote for Jim Matheson in Utah’s new 4th Congressional District is that neither Democrats nor Republicans like him much. ...
... If, as many Utahns say, Washington is broken because too few politicians will steer a middle course between the extremes of the two parties, then Jim Matheson should be just the candidate that voters are looking for. That, in fact, is one reason why he has earned this newspaper’s endorsement. ...
- Honoring the Constitutional Convention of 1787 - Deseret News Editorial
Two hundred twenty-five years ago today, delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787 completed the excruciatingly difficult work of crafting a constitution that, to this day, provides the United States of America with principles of liberty and procedures for peaceful self-governance. ...
- The Constitution’s well-kept secret - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
- Don’t attack First Amendment - (Phoenix) Arizona Republic Editorial
- It’s time for Washington voters to approve same-sex marriage - Seattle Times Editorial
- State has no role in personal choice - Spokane Spokesman-Review Editorial
- A muddle over the middle class - Denver Post Editorial
- Census data confirm that the middle class is in dire shape - St. Louis Post-Dispatch Editorial
- Thriving middle class essential to economic recovery - San Jose Mercury-News Editorial
- The Fed engineers another bubble - Colorado Springs Gazette Editorial
- Business taxes need realignment - (Portland) Oregonian Editorial
|1.||Is Ordain Women an apostate group? Mormon leaders won’t say|
|2.||BYU football: Cougars beat UConn in sloppy opener|
|3.||Salt Lake County closes Chinese restaurant in Midvale|
|4.||Dennis Nordfelt dies at 71; led UHP and West Valley City|
|5.||Is nail polish that detects date-rape drugs actually a bad idea?|
|6.||Utah commission rejects proposed fee for solar homes|
|7.||Bagley cartoon: Utah’s Death Panel|
|8.||Stars of ‘Hellboy,’ ‘Sharknado’ added to Salt Lake Comic Con|
|9.||Concert photos: Earth, Wind & Fire electrifies the elements at Red Butte Garden|
|10.||Utah choreographer’s Penguin Lady Dance Collective takes flight|