Well, shoot. We completely missed Constitution Day. Shameful oversight for any First Amendment-powered institution.
So here are a couple of other newspapers’ thoughts on the issue. (Spoiler alert: They are for it.) And some editorials on the coming election, which is related to the Constitution, of course. And some economics.
- Matheson in the 4th: A moderate Democrat in Congress - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
The best reason to vote for Jim Matheson in Utah’s new 4th Congressional District is that neither Democrats nor Republicans like him much. ...
... If, as many Utahns say, Washington is broken because too few politicians will steer a middle course between the extremes of the two parties, then Jim Matheson should be just the candidate that voters are looking for. That, in fact, is one reason why he has earned this newspaper’s endorsement. ...
- Honoring the Constitutional Convention of 1787 - Deseret News Editorial
Two hundred twenty-five years ago today, delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787 completed the excruciatingly difficult work of crafting a constitution that, to this day, provides the United States of America with principles of liberty and procedures for peaceful self-governance. ...
- The Constitution’s well-kept secret - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
- Don’t attack First Amendment - (Phoenix) Arizona Republic Editorial
- It’s time for Washington voters to approve same-sex marriage - Seattle Times Editorial
- State has no role in personal choice - Spokane Spokesman-Review Editorial
- A muddle over the middle class - Denver Post Editorial
- Census data confirm that the middle class is in dire shape - St. Louis Post-Dispatch Editorial
- Thriving middle class essential to economic recovery - San Jose Mercury-News Editorial
- The Fed engineers another bubble - Colorado Springs Gazette Editorial
- Business taxes need realignment - (Portland) Oregonian Editorial
|1.||In ninja gear and claiming to be polygamists, women invade Utah home|
|2.||Utah rally: Same-sex marriage would hurt children|
|3.||Utah teacher to stand trial on charges of sex with second boy|
|4.||Fall TV preview: The best and worst of fall TV|
|5.||Utah same-sex marriage supporters decry use of child photos|
|6.||BYU football: Virginia suddenly looms large for Cougars|
|7.||Lawyer to ask feds to probe Utah police shooting of Darrien Hunt|
|8.||Letter: How low will same-sex marriage opponents go?|
|9.||Utah suspect in cannibal case should have been behind bars|
|10.||Movie review: ‘Maze Runner’ sends viewers going in circles|