- Obama’s speech: What he must say, not say - Los Angeles Daily News Editorial
... It goes without saying that Obama and his supporters think a lot of this is the Republicans’ fault. So instead of continuing to say it, and laying more blame on the opposition tomorrow, he must talk about his own actions. ...
- A fatigued audience faces the president - Charlotte Observer Editorial
We’re tired, Mr. President.
Liberals and conservatives and, especially, the independents you need to reach.
We’re tired of worrying about the size and lifespan of our paychecks. We’re tired of waiting for customers to start filling our stores the way they once did. We’re tired of knowing that the next middling jobs report will be met with criticism and promises, but not solutions.
Tonight, when you accept the Democratic nomination on the blue stage of Time Warner Cable Arena, you have the opportunity to say more. ...
- The economy is Obama’s defining issue - Fort Worth Star Telegram Editorial
- Gov. Hickenlooper’s positive appeal - Denver Post Editorial
Though few people saw it, Colorado’s governor showed in his DNC speech why he is so popular.
- The Democrats go back to their roots - Gail Collins, The New York Times/Salt Lake Tribune
- Clinton’s big speech - Andrew Sullivan, The Daily Beast
|1.||4 Utah restaurants call it quits|
|2.||Restaurateur impressing Salt Lake with good food, hard work|
|3.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|4.||Op-Ed: LDS leader delivered a confusing message to graduates|
|5.||Ballmer makes debut as new Clippers owner|
|6.||Report shows Utah Dickey’s had problem with food labels|
|7.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|8.||Salt Lake’s Flower Patch goes down as David bows to Goliath|
|9.||Low water of Great Salt Lake reveals ghosts of the past|
|10.||Utah health inspectors close sushi restaurant, taco cart|