- Oil and water: Tar mine needs more oversight - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
A Utah administrative law judge has bought the argument of a tar sands mining company that there’s no need to protect or monitor the water that might be affected by a proposed operation in the Book Cliffs area of the state because, well, there isn’t any.
Water, that is.
It is a frighteningly shortsighted decision.
- A dry season - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... People need to conserve water for the benefit of the community. A little conservation exercised by a lot of people can provide some remedy for the ailing water health of our community.
- A rational compromise on Alaska oil reserve - Los Angeles Times Editorial
Opening up too much of the Alaska reserve, whose oil deposits have been vastly overestimated, would not solve the nation’s long-term energy demands.
- Disturbing news on climate change - Denver Post Editorial
Dangers of a warming planet have caught the public’s attention, but they are underplayed in campaigns.
- A record melt in Artic - Eugene Register-Guard Editorial
Time for Obama, Romney to discuss climate change
- As Exergy hits hard times, an ill wind blows - Idaho Statesman Editorial
- Incentives needed to build more CNG pumps in Wyo - Casper Star-Tribune Editorial
|1.||Convicted killer Martin MacNeill survives jail suicide attempt|
|2.||MLS Cup: Real Salt Lake falls on PKs (with video)|
|3.||Guilt, pain, help and hope — when Mormon missionaries come home early|
|4.||Kragthorpe: Goalpost gets in way of RSL’s bid for MLS Cup (with video)|
|5.||College football: Auburn, Missouri on guard in SEC title game|
|6.||Terrifying Moab BASE jump crash captured by helmet cam|
|7.||Utah health official bans Gardasil, stirring controversy|
|8.||49ers get another shot vs. Seahawks|
|9.||‘Fit Mom’ Maria Kang, not yet over self, claims fatties are out to get her|
|10.||Standout performances bring new life to Nutcracker|