- Oil and water: Tar mine needs more oversight - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
A Utah administrative law judge has bought the argument of a tar sands mining company that there’s no need to protect or monitor the water that might be affected by a proposed operation in the Book Cliffs area of the state because, well, there isn’t any.
Water, that is.
It is a frighteningly shortsighted decision.
- A dry season - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... People need to conserve water for the benefit of the community. A little conservation exercised by a lot of people can provide some remedy for the ailing water health of our community.
- A rational compromise on Alaska oil reserve - Los Angeles Times Editorial
Opening up too much of the Alaska reserve, whose oil deposits have been vastly overestimated, would not solve the nation’s long-term energy demands.
- Disturbing news on climate change - Denver Post Editorial
Dangers of a warming planet have caught the public’s attention, but they are underplayed in campaigns.
- A record melt in Artic - Eugene Register-Guard Editorial
Time for Obama, Romney to discuss climate change
- As Exergy hits hard times, an ill wind blows - Idaho Statesman Editorial
- Incentives needed to build more CNG pumps in Wyo - Casper Star-Tribune Editorial
|1.||Tuesday on TV: ESPN comes to Utah for big soccer game|
|2.||9 new food trucks roll into Salt Lake|
|3.||Miss Utah USA’s botched answer makes her a star|
|4.||Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood|
|5.||House GOP OKs Swallow investigation on way to possible impeachment|
|6.||Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90, family says|
|7.||City Creek not just snatching taxable sales from Gateway|
|8.||Wharton: Layton’s grapeless winery|
|9.||Restaurant review: Japanese pub fare separates Ichiban from its competitors|
|10.||Kragthorpe: U.S. soccer team merits more noise in second half (with video)|