- Oil and water: Tar mine needs more oversight - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
A Utah administrative law judge has bought the argument of a tar sands mining company that there’s no need to protect or monitor the water that might be affected by a proposed operation in the Book Cliffs area of the state because, well, there isn’t any.
Water, that is.
It is a frighteningly shortsighted decision.
- A dry season - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... People need to conserve water for the benefit of the community. A little conservation exercised by a lot of people can provide some remedy for the ailing water health of our community.
- A rational compromise on Alaska oil reserve - Los Angeles Times Editorial
Opening up too much of the Alaska reserve, whose oil deposits have been vastly overestimated, would not solve the nation’s long-term energy demands.
- Disturbing news on climate change - Denver Post Editorial
Dangers of a warming planet have caught the public’s attention, but they are underplayed in campaigns.
- A record melt in Artic - Eugene Register-Guard Editorial
Time for Obama, Romney to discuss climate change
- As Exergy hits hard times, an ill wind blows - Idaho Statesman Editorial
- Incentives needed to build more CNG pumps in Wyo - Casper Star-Tribune Editorial
|1.||Owner of dog shot by Utah police turns down $10,000 offer|
|2.||Chefs share tips for home cooks to waste not, want not|
|3.||Annual liquor sales in Utah up $20 million|
|4.||Restaurant review: Flavor and style — for a Park City price — at Burgers and Bourbon|
|5.||Bagley Cartoon: Comic Con Controversy|
|6.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|7.||Salt City Vodka now available in Utah liquor stores|
|8.||BYU Football: Ranking the top-10 players of all-time|
|9.||Ordain Women, abuse, defections on tap for Mormon symposium|