- Oil and water: Tar mine needs more oversight - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
A Utah administrative law judge has bought the argument of a tar sands mining company that there’s no need to protect or monitor the water that might be affected by a proposed operation in the Book Cliffs area of the state because, well, there isn’t any.
Water, that is.
It is a frighteningly shortsighted decision.
- A dry season - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... People need to conserve water for the benefit of the community. A little conservation exercised by a lot of people can provide some remedy for the ailing water health of our community.
- A rational compromise on Alaska oil reserve - Los Angeles Times Editorial
Opening up too much of the Alaska reserve, whose oil deposits have been vastly overestimated, would not solve the nation’s long-term energy demands.
- Disturbing news on climate change - Denver Post Editorial
Dangers of a warming planet have caught the public’s attention, but they are underplayed in campaigns.
- A record melt in Artic - Eugene Register-Guard Editorial
Time for Obama, Romney to discuss climate change
- As Exergy hits hard times, an ill wind blows - Idaho Statesman Editorial
- Incentives needed to build more CNG pumps in Wyo - Casper Star-Tribune Editorial
|1.||Serena Williams extends winning streak to 22|
|2.||Photos: Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Awards, Bieber awards draw boos|
|3.||‘Star Trek’ does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes|
|4.||Utah soldier confirmed dead in explosion in Afghanistan|
|5.||Gun-toting Utah teachers to parents: Your kids safe with us|
|6.||Victim’s three daughters get a day of magic|
|7.||Kirby: What would you let money do to you?|
|8.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|9.||Suburban Utah sees huge spike in poverty|
|10.||Wyoming man dead after officer-involved shooting in Evanston|