- Oil and water: Tar mine needs more oversight - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
A Utah administrative law judge has bought the argument of a tar sands mining company that there’s no need to protect or monitor the water that might be affected by a proposed operation in the Book Cliffs area of the state because, well, there isn’t any.
Water, that is.
It is a frighteningly shortsighted decision.
- A dry season - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... People need to conserve water for the benefit of the community. A little conservation exercised by a lot of people can provide some remedy for the ailing water health of our community.
- A rational compromise on Alaska oil reserve - Los Angeles Times Editorial
Opening up too much of the Alaska reserve, whose oil deposits have been vastly overestimated, would not solve the nation’s long-term energy demands.
- Disturbing news on climate change - Denver Post Editorial
Dangers of a warming planet have caught the public’s attention, but they are underplayed in campaigns.
- A record melt in Artic - Eugene Register-Guard Editorial
Time for Obama, Romney to discuss climate change
- As Exergy hits hard times, an ill wind blows - Idaho Statesman Editorial
- Incentives needed to build more CNG pumps in Wyo - Casper Star-Tribune Editorial
|1.||Mitt Romney to make his home in Utah|
|2.||Pierce: NFL, BYU prioritize TV viewers over ticket buyers|
|3.||DA says Dillon Taylor officer-involved killing was justified|
|4.||Utah adds a few more fish to the ‘do not eat’ list|
|5.||When it comes to Cougar sports, BYU’s president sure is game|
|6.||Utah Jazz notes: Mixed results in first practice for Exum, Hood|
|7.||In Utah, Mormon chapels are here, there and everywhere|
|8.||Restaurant review: Utah duo takes chance on Korean standbys with contemporary spin|
|9.||Utah Jazz: Trey Burke apologizes for leaked nude photographs|
|10.||Relatives speak about Utah family of five who died|