- Oil and water: Tar mine needs more oversight - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
A Utah administrative law judge has bought the argument of a tar sands mining company that there’s no need to protect or monitor the water that might be affected by a proposed operation in the Book Cliffs area of the state because, well, there isn’t any.
Water, that is.
It is a frighteningly shortsighted decision.
- A dry season - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... People need to conserve water for the benefit of the community. A little conservation exercised by a lot of people can provide some remedy for the ailing water health of our community.
- A rational compromise on Alaska oil reserve - Los Angeles Times Editorial
Opening up too much of the Alaska reserve, whose oil deposits have been vastly overestimated, would not solve the nation’s long-term energy demands.
- Disturbing news on climate change - Denver Post Editorial
Dangers of a warming planet have caught the public’s attention, but they are underplayed in campaigns.
- A record melt in Artic - Eugene Register-Guard Editorial
Time for Obama, Romney to discuss climate change
- As Exergy hits hard times, an ill wind blows - Idaho Statesman Editorial
- Incentives needed to build more CNG pumps in Wyo - Casper Star-Tribune Editorial
|1.||LDS leader, Obama meet to push for immigration reform|
|2.||Atheist leader: ‘Mormonism demonstrates the power of indoctrination’|
|3.||Letter: LDS Church trying to silence dissenting opinions|
|4.||Old, new acts headline 29 Red Butte concerts|
|5.||Paul McCartney gets back to Utah — August 7 at EnergySolutions Arena|
|6.||Utah teacher on leave after asking kids to list genitalia slang|
|7.||Hearing begins with graphic video of Utah cop’s death|
|8.||Questions linger in Megan Huntsman investigation|
|9.||New market brings a wave of seafood to Salt Lake City|
|10.||Police find seven dead babies in Utah County home|