- Mitt’s moment: Romney makes the case for himself - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
Are you better off than your were four years ago?
Much of the final night of the Republican National Convention — the night that introduced nominee Mitt Romney to a great many Americans who are only now starting to pay attention to this year’s presidential election — was devoted to the memory of Ronald Reagan. So it makes sense that Romney’s acceptance speech did much to channel the 40th president....
... Romney is no Ronald Reagan. His speech Thursday — folksy, warm, sometimes funny — was not a Reagan-like Shining City on a Hill moment. [Full text here.]
But the nominee did put the question before the electorate. Are we content to stay the course with the current administration? Or do we think that a change of management, something Romney specialized in during his years in the business sector, is what is needed? ...
- Inside the real Romney - Provo Daily Herald Editorial
Clint Eastwood was a tough act to follow. But Eastwood also had a tough act to follow.
Members of Romney’s Mormon congregation when he served as an ecclesiastical leader gave the most moving speeches of the convention.
- The Mitt we know - Boston Herald Editorial
- Romney makes the case for change - San Diego U-T Editorial
- Romney puts focus on jobs, end to division - Orange County Register Editorial
- What Mitt Romney has to prove - Los Angeles Daily News Editorial
- Romney’s speech: Where was the policy? - Ezra Klein, Wonkblog
- 10 things I learned at the Republican convention: - David Sarasohn, The Oregonian
... 7. If you have succeeded in life, you did that. If things didn’t turn out exactly right, it’s the government’s fault. ...
|1.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|2.||4 Utah restaurants call it quits|
|3.||Restaurateur impressing Salt Lake with good food, hard work|
|4.||Report shows Utah Dickey’s had problem with food labels|
|5.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|6.||Salt Lake’s Flower Patch goes down as David bows to Goliath|
|7.||Mormon-owned BYU removes gay-marriage cards at bookstore|
|8.||BYU football: At least three freshmen could start in opener|
|9.||Utah cities purge gun-control laws at demand of national group|
|10.||Op-Ed: LDS leader delivered a confusing message to graduates|