Above: Before there was Drill, baby, drill, there was Burn, baby, burn.
- Romney on energy: Just more drill, baby, drill nonsense - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
Somebody needs to tell Mitt Romney that he’s already got Utah’s electoral votes sewn up.
The fact that he was well ahead in the Beehive State was thought to be common knowledge. But it is hard to fathom why the presumptive Republican presidential nominee would make a Made in Utah energy policy his campaign message of the day Thursday unless he thought the state was somehow on the bubble.
- Societal shift is needed to combat pornography, other destructive behaviors - Deseret News Editorial
... This long road to social acceptance began in earnest in the 1950s with magazines that peddled female nudity as art, and has now found its way into a general acceptance in many quarters, with softer versions of partial nudity a regular staple of some otherwise legitimate news sites. ...
- Constant surveillance - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
... Americans need a wake up call on big-government snooping. It’s gone way too far the past decade and needs to be curtailed before Orwellian "snoop patrols" randomly seeking information on all of us become the norm. ...
- Is Utah a one-party dictatorship? - Randy Wright, The Provo Daily Herald
... I bow to the collective wisdom of the voters. If voters think an election doesn't matter much and don't turn out to the polls, then it probably doesn't. ...
- Another reason Colorado must require vaccines - Denver Post Editorial
Whooping cough is roaring through Colorado at epidemic levels, a worrisome situation that demands attention and action. ...
- Keep bigotry out of elections - [Phoenix] Arizona Republic Editorial
The anti-Mormon hit piece that arrived in Gilbert in hopes of influencing the city election this Tuesday wasn't thinly veiled. There was no veil at all. Whoever mailed the slur should be ashamed. ...
- Planned Parenthood, worse than Penn State - Colorado Springs Gazette Editorial
... our federal government pays more than $1 million a day to Planned Parenthood, which probably covers up more sexual abuse of children than any other institution in the United States. Evidence is overwhelming. ...
- Twenty years later, shadows of Ruby Ridge standoff still linger - Mark Pitcavage, for The Idaho Statesman
- Immigration rules expel the people we need the most - [Portland] Oregonian Editorial
- Speak to us: What Californians want to hear from Romney at the GOP convention - Los Angeles Daily News Editorial
|1.||Simmons calls ex-KISS bandmates crack addicts, losers|
|2.||Kate Kelly appeals excommunication from Mormon church|
|3.||NFL notes: Ravens RB Rice suspended two games for domestic violence|
|4.||Bagley Cartoon: Future of Utah Lands|
|5.||Gas explosion levels home in Draper|
|6.||Pioneer Day events around Utah|
|7.||Where to watch fireworks on Pioneer Day|
|8.||‘Gestapo’ BLM officers decried in House hearing|
|9.||At Twilight Concert, Charles Bradley ends Pioneer Day with a groove|
|10.||Lynch expected to hold out from Seahawks camp|