Above: ... and Jerry Mathers as The Beaver.
- I-15 cloud lingers: Herbert can’t ignore controversy - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
Gov. Gary Herbert should have been able to just bask in the glow of the apparently phenomenally successful rebuild of I-15 through Utah County.
- Costly redistricting records - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
The Utah Democratic Party is correct in refusing a condescending offer from the Utah Republican Party to pay $9,000-plus in order to have public documents on the Legislature’s redistricting efforts released. ...
- Utah Legislature needs to release public records - Deseret News Editorial
- What's it cost for government to tell us what it's up to? - Los Angeles Times Editorial
- Despite perils, respect it - Arizona Republic Editorial (Defending the initiative process in Arizona)
- Tell the Texas Legislature what red tape to cut - Fort Worth Star-Telegram Editorial
- Let beavers in: Garfield would benefit from plan - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
Garfield County commissioners are suspicious of environmentalists. They seem to believe that people who are on the side of ecosystems — forests, endangered species, wildlife, fragile deserts — are the natural enemies of ranchers and other rural interests.
And it’s that suspicion that led the commissioners to refuse the efforts of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources to restore beavers to historical beaver habitat in the mountainous areas of the county.
That’s unfortunate, since beavers are, as one DWR official described them, "great riparian managers." [Read the rest ...]
|1.||Ballet West’s Innovations 2013 opens up new possibilities in dance|
|2.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|3.||Agnetha Faltskog reflects on ABBA, releases new solo album|
|4.||Shaping Sound: The dance company that TV built|
|5.||Did Susan Powell’s brother-in-law hide her body?|
|6.||Monson: On the sideline coaching is where Jerry Sloan belongs|
|7.||Living Traditions Festival opens in Salt Lake City|
|8.||Weekend Express: The top 9 things happening in Utah|
|9.||Frances Monson, wife of Mormon church leader, dies|
|10.||Official: Broken rail eyed in Conn. train crash|