Above: ... and Jerry Mathers as The Beaver.
- I-15 cloud lingers: Herbert can’t ignore controversy - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
Gov. Gary Herbert should have been able to just bask in the glow of the apparently phenomenally successful rebuild of I-15 through Utah County.
- Costly redistricting records - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
The Utah Democratic Party is correct in refusing a condescending offer from the Utah Republican Party to pay $9,000-plus in order to have public documents on the Legislature’s redistricting efforts released. ...
- Utah Legislature needs to release public records - Deseret News Editorial
- What's it cost for government to tell us what it's up to? - Los Angeles Times Editorial
- Despite perils, respect it - Arizona Republic Editorial (Defending the initiative process in Arizona)
- Tell the Texas Legislature what red tape to cut - Fort Worth Star-Telegram Editorial
- Let beavers in: Garfield would benefit from plan - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
Garfield County commissioners are suspicious of environmentalists. They seem to believe that people who are on the side of ecosystems — forests, endangered species, wildlife, fragile deserts — are the natural enemies of ranchers and other rural interests.
And it’s that suspicion that led the commissioners to refuse the efforts of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources to restore beavers to historical beaver habitat in the mountainous areas of the county.
That’s unfortunate, since beavers are, as one DWR official described them, "great riparian managers." [Read the rest ...]
|1.||Utah health official bans Gardasil, stirring controversy|
|2.||Guilt, pain, help and hope — when Mormon missionaries come home early|
|3.||‘Fit Mom’ Maria Kang, not yet over self, claims fatties are out to get her|
|4.||Terrifying Moab BASE jump crash captured by helmet cam|
|5.||Recipes: 5 all-star holiday cookies from our archives|
|6.||Pac-12: Washington's hire could help BYU, USU|
|7.||Scott D. Pierce: A dozen TV shows you can stop watching|
|8.||Convicted killer Martin MacNeill survives jail suicide attempt|
|9.||NBA: Portland pummels Utah, 130-98|
|10.||Deborah Voigt joins Mormon Tabernacle Choir for annual Christmas extravaganza|