Above: Say it ain't so, Joe.
- Utah vs. BYU: Don’t end football rivalry - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
It’s irrational. Ludicrous in its exaggerated importance. But the Utah-BYU football rivalry also is a lot of fun, mostly because of the many Utah cultural crosscurrents it represents. It would be a shame to lose it.
Chris Hill, the University of Utah athletic director, put the future of the rivalry in jeopardy this week when he announced that his school would not schedule a football game against Brigham Young University in 2014 and 2015.
- Utah-BYU rivalry game completely unnecessary - Gordon Monson, The Salt Lake Tribune
- Room remained for BYU on Utes’ schedule - Kurt Kragthorpe, The Salt Lake Tribune
- Cougars and Utes announce two-year break - Christian Jones, The BYU Universe
- Holy War on hiatus, and Utah is better off - Parker Lee, The University Daily Chronicle
- BYU, Utah football teams should just say goodbye - Brad Rock, The Deseret News
- 'Frenemies' takes a humorous look at Utah and BYU's split - The Deseret News [Video]
- Who’s better than BYU? Wyoming says it is, of course -Jared Lloyd, The Provo Daily Herald
|1.||Mormon church traces black priesthood ban to Brigham Young|
|2.||Friends rally to help former Utah football star Bronzell Miller, given two weeks to live|
|3.||Few searchers remain in quest for 5 missing in central Idaho plane crash|
|4.||Real Salt Lake: Jason Kreis steps down as RSL coach|
|5.||Mitt Romney documentary a standout amid Sundance’s stars|
|6.||All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song|
|7.||Restaurant review: Menu misses at The Annex in Sugar House|
|8.||Holiday cocktails: Mixing it up with Sugar House Libations|
|9.||Paul Rolly: 24-year-old traffic tickets come back to haunt Utah cop|
|10.||BYU basketball: Frank Bartley’s circuitous path to Provo|