Above: Say it ain't so, Joe.
- Utah vs. BYU: Don’t end football rivalry - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
It’s irrational. Ludicrous in its exaggerated importance. But the Utah-BYU football rivalry also is a lot of fun, mostly because of the many Utah cultural crosscurrents it represents. It would be a shame to lose it.
Chris Hill, the University of Utah athletic director, put the future of the rivalry in jeopardy this week when he announced that his school would not schedule a football game against Brigham Young University in 2014 and 2015.
- Utah-BYU rivalry game completely unnecessary - Gordon Monson, The Salt Lake Tribune
- Room remained for BYU on Utes’ schedule - Kurt Kragthorpe, The Salt Lake Tribune
- Cougars and Utes announce two-year break - Christian Jones, The BYU Universe
- Holy War on hiatus, and Utah is better off - Parker Lee, The University Daily Chronicle
- BYU, Utah football teams should just say goodbye - Brad Rock, The Deseret News
- 'Frenemies' takes a humorous look at Utah and BYU's split - The Deseret News [Video]
- Who’s better than BYU? Wyoming says it is, of course -Jared Lloyd, The Provo Daily Herald
|1.||Serena Williams extends winning streak to 22|
|2.||Photos: Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Awards, Bieber awards draw boos|
|3.||Utah soldier confirmed dead in explosion in Afghanistan|
|4.||‘Star Trek’ does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes|
|5.||Gun-toting Utah teachers to parents: Your kids safe with us|
|6.||Victim’s three daughters get a day of magic|
|7.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|8.||Kirby: What would you let money do to you?|
|9.||Wyoming man dead after officer-involved shooting in Evanston|
|10.||Suburban Utah sees huge spike in poverty|