Some editorials and comment on issues our editorials have dealt with in recent days ...
- What's real reason for withholding records in Powell case? - Tacoma (Wash.) News-Tribune Editorial
Despite strong circumstantial evidence in the December 2009 disappearance of Susan Cox Powell, authorities in West Valley City, Utah, never filed any charges against the only person they say they suspected: her husband, Josh Charles.
Now that he’s dead – having killed himself and his two young sons – there’s no good reason to withhold records related to the investigation. The Salt Lake Tribune has tried to get those records, but the West Valley City Council has refused to release them.
The Tribune’s request is legitimate. ...
- The untold story: Powell records should be opened - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
- Talking about condoms - Ogden Standard-Examiner Editorial
A few weeks ago, Gov. Gary Herbert correctly vetoed an attempt by the Utah Legislature to virtually end sex education in Utah high schools. The national Center for Disease Control has released statistics that underscore why it is so important that sexual education standards be raised in our state.
Utah ranks 45th among the 50 states in high school students being informed about the use of condoms as a birth control and sexually transmitted disease preventer. They need to know where to obtain them and how to effectively use them. ...
- A real conservative: Herbert was right to veto HB363 - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
- Is it time to retool the Constitution? - Bruce Maiman, for The Sacramento Bee
How would you feel about making changes in the U.S. Constitution? Does it need revising? Do we need a new one? The question almost sounds treasonous. ...
- Campaign money Part 1: Amend Constitution - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
|1.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|2.||Movie review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ breaks the Marvel mold|
|3.||Review: Boseman electrifies as James Brown in ‘Get On Up’|
|4.||Infant girl dies after being found in Utah car|
|5.||Photos: Wu-Tang Clan at Twilight concert in Salt Lake City|
|6.||5 songs: Lady Gaga arrives in Utah with spectacle|
|7.||Seven times Paul McCartney was the coolest man on Earth|
|8.||TV preview: ‘Hell on Wheels’ mocks Mormons|
|9.||Salt Lake City police department clears officer who shot dog|